cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1000001 COPING STRATEGIES & DISTRACTIONS

88. Catch some sun
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: 1000001 COPING STRATEGIES

When feeling like you want to do something harmful, tell yourself to wait 10 minutes.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

This process of delaying is actually great, @stonepixie! My psychologist suggested it to me as a method to not binge eat after dinner, delaying treats for 5 minutes and progressively extending the time each few days has proven very helpful for that Smiley Happy often I just don't end up having the second or third treat because I ain't impulsively eating it
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

90. Do some knitting!

I find the repetative nature really soothing. It can be a bit frustrating when you are first learning and get confused, but there are lots of online videos with great tutorials! It is so satisfying to make a long straight piece of yarn into a textured object. Really rewarding.

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

91. Soak in a bath.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Go birdwatching.

I have a big backyard so I love looking out the window and watching all the different birds go about their day Smiley Happy

93. Imagine your happy place and go through your five senses
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

94. Do a body scan, thinking about relaxing the different muscles from your feet to you chest to you next and head
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

95. Do funny faces and funny dances in the mirror. Make yourself laugh

Find a nice quiet cafe, find an awesome book, order something nice to drink and then read until they kick you out or the place closes, muahaha.