cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A post Ben-RO moved to talk about - Is it okay to hit rock bottom?

Why should I ask for help though if all I'm going to do is reject it @Kaz-RO? If I can't help me how can anyone else help me? It won't get any better either.

I'm at the point now when I want to hit rock bottom in a way. I know that sounds bad but if it can't get any worse then it might get better. There have been so many times where I've thought id hit rock bottom but then it got worse. I want it to stop getting worse and start getting better but it'll keep getting worse if I cant do anything about it. That is unless I hit rock bottom, then the only place I can go is up.

Re: A post Ben-RO moved to talk about - Is it okay to hit rock bottom?

Hey @FootyFan26, hope you don't mind but i moved this post, because you're important to us and I wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in posts on  Short Sads.

What does Rock Bottom mean for you?

And what does "up" mean? I know i have asked this question before, but what does your ideal life look like right now? Ignore all things that might get in the way, just tell me what you would want your life to look like,  if you could have anything Smiley Happy.

Being at a point where I can't get any worse.  Sure it'd be a terrible place to be but if I knew I was at rock bottom I'd know that there's a chance to get back up (feel better) without falling even further in the process.

Ideally, I would be living with my Mum and Dad, my brothers dad wouldn't be a heartless dick so he could have a father that could take care  of him properly and my mum wouldn't have been abused.  The other thing is that I'd be happy and doing well in school.

I don't want a lot.  My fun used to be playing word games and racing with my Dad.  I still kinda wish that I could be doing that stuff with him if I had the chance.  @Ben-RO

@FootyFan26 it must be so tough not having such an awesome dad in your life Smiley Sad

I am guessing you miss him HEAPS, unimaginably heaps and i don't actually have words to say to make that better, but i can be here when you feel sad about that part of your life, and so can the other awesome people in this community.

I know that you have said in the past that it's hard to share those feelings with people in your life at school and home because it's important for you to be the strong one. 

Would it help if you felt okay coming here to say you're missing your dad?

Then I'd be looking weak and vulnerable to you guys @Ben-RO. On the other hand you probably think I am anyway because what I share on here would make me look like that to family and mates.

He's been dead for 11 years so it's not like it's fresh in my mind. If I had the choice then of course I'd want him back. That doesn't bother me as much atm but some nights I do think of him.

Do you think it's okay to hit rock bottom?

@FootyFan26 I personally wouldn't see hitting rock bottom as a good thing to aim for. Even though from the bottom you'll know the only way to go is up, if you start from further up then you're already part of the way there and don't have to redo that part. It's not like actual rock climbing where maybe if you go to the bottom you can find a better climbing path. Progress with this sort of stuff isn't linear and there are no physical fixed routes to take. You can choose any path from any point, and aren't restricted or blocked from progress just because you're not at the bottom. 

That's my take on it anyway.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

@FootyFan26 I want you to know that no one on ReachOut thinks you're weak. After all, everyone is here because they need support. Needing that help isn't weak, it's human.

Sometimes we might think you're vulnerable, but let me be clear: there is nothing wrong with being vulnerable sometimes. Everyone is. Everyone struggles, everyone has something about themselves they want to keep private or are uncomfortable having on display. Everyone has a soft spot. If you didn't, then I would be worried about you. But you being here, saying you're feeling vulnerable? That just tells me you're exactly where you need to be.

What makes sharing your feelings make you feel like you're not being strong? Why isn't sharing your feelings being strong and not sharing your feelings not being strong?

@Ben-RO because it means that I need help with dealing with them and I don't want to admit that I need help.  Not sharing my feelings means I can handle them on my own and not be needing outside help.

@Bay52VU I don't exactly aim for it but if I have a bad night and I'm convinced that that's the point where I've hit rock bottom I want it to stay like that.  Because generally the next bad night I have is even worse and if the night before that I'd thought it was rock bottom and this night's worse then it really sucks.

I want to go up but when I keep getting worse I'm not gonna be going anywhere.