cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Boo

Adult Bullying

hello everyone

I must say i dont feel at my best lately, in fact far from it. I dont know how common this is among adults, but i am being bullied, online and via phone, my friends and my friends work colleagues and our families are also being targeted. Now its (ME) who is the main target, I have done nothing wrong except end a friendship which wasnt healthy for me. Although I am not 100% sure that its the person im assuming but i am 80% it is, their are just certain things within the messages that have given it away. the person in question is not working alone on the harrassment, their is 1 other. The harrassment has taken the form of them setting up a facebook account in my name/s...facebook are idiots they are slow to react if i report it and then they see it as non threatening, their are sexual connotations within the messages on facebook and some very very nasty things being said. All i want is for it go away, they said they wont stop till i pay them $20,000, i joined facebook myself and have started printing off the posts as proof in case anything happens out of my control. I can't go to the police as i need to stay out of the lime light...IE im in hiding and this person knows that...hence them feeling very powerful at the moment knowing i wont go to police and cant.....the reason being..i had to change my name and address several times to stay safe from the perpetraitor and to go to police would mean me telling them my name and where i live..i can not be found..if i am..i am as good as dead and might as well go around with a target painted on my back...HELP any ideas of even info on where i can go anonymously.....I suffer from mental health issues and this BS is not helping me..not one bit......HELP HELP

Re: Adult Bullying

Hi there Boo, first of all, you can report the page to Facebook by going to the page and using the drop down menu towards the top right to "report" the page, it looks like this:

Use the report function and say to Facebook that the page has been made in your name and it is not you and it's being used to threaten and harrass you - they will take it down.

Secondly, you sound like you are in a really scary and difficult situation that you shouldn't have to go through alone. There are lots of places where you can speak to someone anonymously.  If the perpetrator you speak of is an ex-partner or someone that you lived with please go to www.1800respect.org.au and you can chat online anonymously to one of their counsellors (or call  1800 737 732). Your other option is to contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or go to their website that also hase online chat: www.lifeline.org.au

It does sound like you need to contact the police about what is going on - and if you are in immediate danger call 000. However if you are too frightened to go to the police, have you thought about talking to your local community legal centre? You can find the phone number for a centre near you here: http://www.clcnsw.org.au/las_directory.php or you could also contact LawAccess 1300 888 529. The can at least let you know what your legal options are to end this harrassment.

Goodluck

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Boo

Hi Sophie

I have been reporting to facebook but they arent doing much..thats why i am so upset Smiley Sad( i feel like i have no where else to go.

Hi again Boo, you do have options and don't give up. Keep reporting the page and articulate clearly that it's being used to bully and harass you. Even if you don't get the outcome you are after straight away, keep at it because you do not deserve this and it shouldn't be happening to you. Please contact the support services and legal advice I listed above.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey Boo 

Sophie gave you so much great information and I hope it helps you. You are not alone, facebook bullying is the worst and blocking people are my only salvation and sometimes taking yourself off facebook so you can pick yourself up again is so important. So much is going on for you and it is so important right now for you to take care of yourself and do something to boost your happiness. 

I hope things workout for you, dont give up Smiley Happy 

Take care 

Hi Sophie

Thanks again, Yes I did contact one of the organisations you sent the link for, and i did get to chat with a real person via live chat, however as good as it was to get things off my chest she was unable to help me with any info. but to have her listening to my concerns was a good start.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Boo

Hi Ruonhonx

Thanks so much for your reply.

The worst part for me with the bullying shit, is i dont even have a facebook account, my brother contacted me and said he got a friend request from (me) and he said their was all this awful shit being posted and he was asking if i was alright, it was at that time i did join facebook to see what he was talking about..it absolutely blew me away what was being posted on under my name, the person knew my maiden name, married name, they knew everything about my friends and their kids, I havent spoken to my mother in 3 years and they where posting things for public viewing under my maiden same saying things like..I hate you mum and i am ugly just like you mum, and I never want to see you again mum, you know shit like that and not to meantion the pictures that where going up and posts relating to BDSM and then threatening to have my friends daughters "little world come crashing down on top her, really nasty shit i see it as, plus they where trying to get $20,000 out of me, everytime a facebook account was removed they set a new one up with all the same shit and pics, i am really surprised facebook was so stupid not to realise the connection with the accounts, it wa stairing them in the face. Anyway thankyou for contacting me i appreciate your kindness, something i havent seen in a long time since Oct 2012 in fact when all this BS started.

Boo 

That sounds horrible and extremely terrifying for someone to know such intimate details of your life. If this was happening to me I honestly wouldn't know what to do. I think you are so strong because you are fighting and you are trying all that you can to get this to stop. I hope your friends and family know that, that it is not you and they do not believe that it is you saying these things. I think that is the most important thing for people you know and care for to understand that you would never do that. 

I hope things really workout for you Boo because you deserve peace in your life and you deserve to be happy. 

Please take care of yourself and don't give up Smiley Happy 

Hi Ruonhonx

In all honesty....I am starting to believe..i dont give a damn anymore....seriuosly it doesnt matter how many times i report the facebook accounts and they end up getting deleted, then another one appears with the same degrading bullshit and threats....I have actually been talking with this person/s via facebook chat, unbeknowns to them that it is ME they are talking too..(fake account).....and i have asked them for whom it is that needs to be paid the $20,000 plus name of bank for the deposit and name on the account..they flatly refuse to give any information on what bank to put the money in or the person to be paid now that show of no response on their part tells me they are nothing more than full of hot air and are a fuckwit and that they KNOW their is no money owed, if you had cause to believe someone owed you $20,000 wouldnt you be more than happy to hand over banking details etc ? any normal person would, but it looks like i am not dealing with a NORMAL person. Now your prob wondering why i have been chatting with this person....I want to get as much info as possible and try and stay 1 step ahead of them...its coming to a point now where they have set up ANOTHER account in MY name but have posted a picture of my friends daughter as the profile pic..if this keeps going its going to ruin my friendship with these people.....All i feel like doing is hiding till it passes, which it wont then i think of things i could do myself and i want to hurt these person/s....that is soooo wrong for me to feel like this but i think its the only way to make them stop..if i dont hurt them then it would prob b me  hurting myself instead...years ago i would have..but since i got treated i am a little stronger...but not as much as i thought as its wearing me down.

Fi

The real problem is that no one is going to help. While that sort of bullying or threatening or even threatening behaviour is a clear violation, "prosecutable under Section 474.17 of the Commonwealth Criminal Code Act" and "offensive to a reasonable person" it will still majoratively be ignored by authorities. "This section punishes use of a "carriage service" to menace, harass or offend, carrying a maximum three-year jail term". (Taken from a quote by Police Minister NSW Hon Mr Gallacher, 31/08/12, Bris CM)

Why do I say no one will do anything? I walked head on into a cyber hate campaign, without realising and the moment the evil crew promoting it realised I actually opposed their opinions, vile, disgusting, nasty, threatening behaviour, they all turned on me and I too became a victim. These people have set up perhaps by now a dozen dedicated hate pages, constantly frequented and spouting nastiness and threats at ANY person who dares to try to oppose them. The pages were originally set up to durect hate and any mischief they could raise against a young Mum trying to fight to protect her young daughters. One of the major protagonists is a Queensland Police officer, another is an employee of New South Wales Parliament, who its been confirmed works within Hansard. Many many people have been targetted as a result of opposing these people and these days, even if you identify yourself as supporting this young Mum's plight, you will be targetted. A number of people have sent letters of complaint to perhaps 2 dozen government ministers, police officials, supposed organisations who and authorities who claim to fight against this sort of thing and yet to date, no one has been able to report a single reply. The campaign has been running now for almost 12 moinths, the protagonists in this ugly, nasty and criminal affair get more and more threatening and vitriolic and more and more cocky about being above the law and any real justice. They predominantly post their nastiness under false identities. They post stolen documents gained through the hacking of this young Mum's email account and other internet accounts, they post documents which I would have thought were protected by privacy, since the Mum only gained them through FOI as personal files and yet these people show no remorse, no conscience, just hate. So you tell  me, why, when so many have reported to all sorts of so called authorities, including Facebook, is this hate campaign still running strong and loud. Put a post on the Brisbane Courier Mail's page, which supports the Mum, or Women's Day page and you will be attacked. As recently as yesterday and today I am still sending more and and more bulk complaint and notifying emails to authorities about the worst hate campaign I've ever seen but nothing is happening. I don't understand but am disgusted by the Commonwealth as a whole. I'm beginning to believe that it should be brought to the attention of the media and the Australian public, to force authorities to act.

Anyone who finds themselves in a  similar situation has no hope in my opinion. Closing down all your social media pages is not the answer, since all it would do with the people I mentioned, would be to make them feel empowered. If one empowers such people, leading them to belive their method is one that will reap, what they believe to be, a postive result, you are only going to allow these sorts of groups to gain more and more power. Do we really want to liivev in a society, which will always be at risk of this sort of threat because it goes unaddressed? In relation to the Charlotte Dawson Twitter attacks the NSW Police Minister said, they ought to be "dragged out of their mother's basement and put before a court". (reference above, http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-called-to-investigate-trolls-behind-twitter-tir...

My suggestion is to do exactly what Mr Gallacher suggested and expose these people to their entire communities and the public of Australia and let them face prosecution and the subsequent humiliation they criminally inflicted on others. I'm very disappointed that this site is no more realistically effective. It's a great shame. I intend to try and arouse interest with the participants of the upcoming Bullying Conference (http://no2bullying.org.au/n2bblog/?tag=bullying-conference-2013) in the hope that the forum might be able to assist in some way. Further more, remind the NSW Police Minister about what he said when the bullying was focused on someone famous and ask him if that applies to everyone and whether or not he stands by his words.