cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

After rehab

My friend just got out and I know nothing about rehab but she's drinking? Is she allowed 3 days out let alone at all?

Highlighted

Re: After rehab

Hm I'm not sure @Jessieannmarie1.. It's really caring of you to be concerned about your friend coming out of rehab Smiley Happy

I'm not sure you could ask her up front about her drinking because she may get defensive. But you could let her know you're there for her and hope she's feeling better and highlight how strong she is that she got through rehab. If she feels that you trust her she might be more open. It sounds like you really care about her and would respond in an understanding and non-judgemental way if it was the case that she had relapsed

How are you going with your friend struggling like this? I imagine it would take a toll on you just worrying about her.. Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Re: After rehab

Hi @Jessieannmarie1, you sound like such a good friend for showing concern about your friend. It must be so difficult for you to see your friend struggling. Unfortunately, it is really difficult to answer that kind of question because it can vary from place to place and is likely to be different for each individiual. It may be an uncomfortable conversation to have, however it might be best to talk to your friend directly. You could just check in with her more generally to ask how she has been travelling and if there is anything you can do best to support her right now. If you need additional support, there are services like Family Drug Support which have a 24/7 telephone support line Heart