cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Anxiety diarrhoea

Hi 

i have to go on three hour bus trips with no stops and I suffer from really bad anxiety diarrhoea 

how can I prevent myself from getting anxiety diarrhoea or manage my anxiety diarrhoea for the bus trips

Thanks

Re: Anxiety diarrhoea

Hey @JonoG, thanks for opening up the conversation around this issue!

Have you spoken to a doctor about this? They could suggest some medication that may be helpful. Or it might be about avoiding certain foods before going on the bus trips.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Yes I have they suggested breathing exercises

Hey @JonoG, have you already tried these breathing exercises? If so, did you find them helpful?

Yeah I did try and them and they didn’t really help for me because I was thinking about the problem while doing the breathing

Hey @JonoG, just to quickly clarify, have you tried the breathing exercises where you focus on five different spots as you take five deep breaths (one spot for each breath)? Also, have you looked at the Smiling Mind app? They have modules that are specifically designed for easing anxiety during commutes.

No I hadn’t but that smiling mind app helps a lot thank you

Hey @JonoG, do you reckon trying the five different spots breathing technique (I'm not too sure if that's the official name) might help you to not think of the problem while you're breathing? Just to be clear on how it works if you're unfamiliar with it, all you do is hear for five different sounds around you (e.g., sound of the aircon, wind, etc.) and then take five deep breaths, where for each deep breath you focus on each different sound (i.e., for the first breath focus on the sound of the aircon, for the second breath, focus on the sound of the wind, etc.). You can repeat the whole process again until you feel your mind is at complete ease. Does that make sense? If you would like a bit more guidance you could also use the smiling mind app (which I'm happy to hear that you find it helpful! Smiley Happy I find it helpful also).

Hi esperanza67

I was wondering what were the names of the modules used to relieve anxiety during commutes

Hey @JonoG, the modules are in a program called, “‘Daily Commute & Digital
Detox’ with Virgin Mobile”. You can find it in the “programs” section of
the app. From this, there is a module called “Taking Public Transport”
which was the one I was saying earlier about how it is meditation you could
do while you’re on the bus that could help relieve anxiety. If you can’t
see it, you may need to update the app, but I reckon you should be able to
find it easily. Let me know if you do get stuck, however! Hope you find it
useful! Smiley Happy
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"