cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artistic Ways To Turn Negatives Into Positives

Okay, so I drew a picture that I didn't want to draw, but my hands made me draw it.

But, A few other people on my thread, suggested making a counter picture, saying all the positive things that I am/counter the words I wrote around my drawing.

So, the aim is:

Whenever you feel mad at yourself, or you have started telling yourself bad things, you can draw a picture of what you tell yourself.

After you've drawn/written that, you have to draw/write the counter picture/statements.

// Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "I'm Possible" //

Re: Artistic Ways To Turn Negatives Into Positives

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx.,

It sounds like art and drawing has been a really helpful strategy you have found to express tough feelings, and then create positives and new meanings. It is great to hear that you have been exploring strategies for coping with negative thoughts and are open to sharing them with others who might be interested in giving them a go too Heart

We want to make sure this activity is safe for everyone, and I am thinking it would be helpful to have a reflection on the process and the feelings after creating the two artworks, rather than posting the artworks themselves to the forums in case there are triggering images or words.

Reflection activity could be: How did creating the positive image help to counter the negative thoughts and feelings? How do you feel now?

We also have this fantastic art thread too I would really encourage having a look at- some amazing artworks have been shared here and might be a good source of inspiration Smiley Happy

Great initiative @xXLexi_Lou122Xx and I look forward to hearing your reflections when using art to turn negatives into positives Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Thank you @Jess1-RO.
I think I have some questions that I'll add into that post.

Anyways, I haven't had the chance to finish my counter drawing yet, but I'll get there soon!

Thanks so much for this activity, @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! I'm no good at drawing, so I used an online generator to make a word cloud.

positivity wordcloud.png

How did creating the positive image help to counter the negative thoughts and feelings? How do you feel now?
It helped me to notice other aspects of myself and look beyond my faults. When I thought about it, the positives outweighed the negatives. Now, I feel more confident about myself.

Such a great idea @WheresMySquishy! Word clouds are a really beautiful way to represent the affirmations you have identified Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here
Highlighted

This is SUCH a great idea @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! I'm definitely going to try it next time I'm struggling with negative thoughts Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thank you @letitgo, @WheresMySquishy!

I still haven't had time to draw the counter drawing, but I'll get there soon.

// Nothing is impossible. The word itself says "I'm Possible" //