cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Athletics Anxiety

I have althletics trials this week and I’m extremely nervous and anxious that people will judge me because I’m not as good at althletics as some people are and everyone will be watching me and I’m nervous and anxious that everyone will judge me because I’m not as good at athletics as other people are

how can I stop my anxiety over people judging me because I’m not as good at athletics as other people are ?

Re: Athletics Anxiety

Hi @JonoG thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling this way. I definitely feel for you in terms of nerves and anxiety before try-outs and I'm sure others on here will be able to relate too. I'm wondering if you have tried any breathing techniques to help with calming your nerves? I guess one thing I try to do is positive self-talk and remembering that all we can do is try our best. I know it's hard at times particularly when we fear others are judging us but also remember they could also be experiencing the same nerves during the trials.

Another thing that helps me calm my nerves leading up to an event or try-out is to practice and do as much preparation as possible. In this case, is there any training you can do leading up to the trials and is there a coach or someone you can talk to? Alternatively if you would like more assistance with managing your anxiety, you could try contact eHeadspace or KHS for some strategies and advice. Hope this helps Heart

Hey there @JonoG how's it going?

The tip that helps me the most when I get nervous around other people is putting myself into their shoes. When it comes to sports or other physical events, people are often nervous and worried about what other people think. You're not alone in that feeling.
Have you shared your worries with anyone? Having someone there to provide moral support can be a great help.

Like @Lan-RO mentioned, breathing techniques can also be helpful in calming your nerves on the day, have you ever tried them before?

Good luck with the trials Smiley Happy It's okay not to be good as other people at athletics, you can do this! Smiley Happy

Hey there @JonoG have you had the trials yet? If so, how were they? I hope you're having a good weekend Smiley Happy

I have had the trials and they were good

Thank you

Thank you
Highlighted

Thank you

I have had the trials and they were good Thank you