cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Friend Struggling

My best friend has bad anxiety and depression and it has been really bad this year and she is always upset at school either because of her depression or her anxiety. 

She is getting close to someone who is bullying me and because of my best friend getting close to this person, the person is bullying me more.

I don't know what to do anymore 

Re: Best Friend Struggling

Hi @less123321, welcome to RO!

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like what's happening is really tough for you, is your best friend aware that the friend is bullying you?

Hi, 

She knows some of what is going on but I don't what to tell her to much because I don't what to seem jealous and also I don't want to put my problems on her because she is going through a really tough time 

Hey @less123321, welcome to RO!

I think it's great that you're trying to support your friend through her tough time. I definitely get where you're coming from in not wanting to tell her the full extent because of what she's going through. I'm wondering... if the situation was reversed, and she was being bullied, would you want her to tell you?

You deserve to be treated with respect and kindness, unconditionally. Is there a teacher or someone else you could talk to about this? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //