cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder

@scared01I definitely would not worry what that person says. It is a very real mental illness that is spoken about in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. As weird as it sounds, sometimes getting diagnosed can be somewhat of a relief as it might have explained things you did not understand. Because it can be very confusing and overwhelming, my advice would be to research it, and try and understand it the best you can. Also, there are groups you can find with other people who have BPD. Connecting with others with the same condition might assist you in understanding your own experience. What do you think ?

hi @Rachelle444

no im not worried about it, they were a troll anyway and going around the forums terrorising other memebrs as well.

i did do alittle bit of research about Boderline personality disorder and it did explain a few things that wasnt covered in Gad and depression and compelx ptsd

im not really up for support social groups. ive been put onto a dbt waiting list for group therapy but will take a long while to go to get into yet

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Well done for getting on the waiting list @scared01, I have heard wonderful things about that form of therapy. Did they tell you much about it?

minimim 4 months wait, groups of up to 6 people with a therapist, very intense work @Bree-RO

Hey @scared01,

You are the only one that knows what will work for you! Although group therapy might take a while to get into, at least you know it is there waiting for you! Although therapy can be hard work it can be pretty exciting as well, because it can be the start of a new and big change!

im too scared to do group therapy @Rachelle444 

DBT is suppose to be very intense and i think at this minute im not sure if i could handle the intensity of DBT. so i guess the work i do with my therapist will help me better cope if and when the time comes i go to group therapy

I think you are definitely right @scared01. Baby steps are definitely needed in such a big process. I think working with your therapist is definitely the first step, and I have no doubt that at some point you may feel ready for group therapy. You do whatever you feel comfortable with right now. Just the fact that you are in therapy is a huge step!

thanks @Rachelle444

its hard even being in therapy.

im trying to jsut make baby steps but im not succeeding in that either

I understand @scared01 I am also in therapy and it can be so draining and exhausting sometimes, so i totally get it. You are already making baby steps by being in therapy, even if you think you may not be progressing at the rate you want. I always need to try and remind myself of that but i can be really hard

at the moment  all i can see is im going backwards

what do you find are signs that youve moved foraward even just slightly

@Rachelle444