cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder

@scared01 have been in therapy for a while so it has taken a lot of learning and sometimes I still even feel like i am not progressing. But what I have come to understand that sometimes you need to take a step backwards to go forwards. For example, a big thing for me was breaking down the need to feel powerful in order to be able to have real relationships with people. By breaking down those walls I felt the most vulnerable I have ever in my life and i felt in that way i was going backward because i had constant anxiety and was feeling really down. But I realised that i had to go through that to move forward. Does that make sense at all? Sometimes I will also surprise myself at something I used to be angry at and am not anymore...

At the begining of therapy I used to try and figure out what I had improved on after every session but i realised it does not really work like that and made it worse as i put pressure on myself. I realised i just needed to trust the system. I can tell you it definitely works... I still have a long way to go but its amazing to see tiny progressions.

Thanks for sharing @Rachelle444 

So the changes might not even be noticeable until something that bothers me arises and i dont react thr same way or less or find i can handle it abit better? 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 Thats what I found. I realised a lot of the changes were actually happening in my subconscious which is a good thing, but just means its harder for you to be aware of it happening!!

thanks heaps @Rachelle444 

it knows someone is going through this and there has been some positive changes in there too

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**