cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Breakup struggles ):

I have exams next week so I'm just trying to focus on those and all but like he's just always in my head it's insane! Sometimes I feel like going to his house and just talking to him for ages like nothing ever happened but I know I can't ): 

Hey @friction it sounds to me like everything you've said you're feeling is all super natural after a break-up, though it still really sucks hey Smiley Sad What to you normally do when you have those thoughts about needing to talk to him?

During my last break-up I developed a system where whenever I was feeling like I HAD to talk to my ex, I would call a friend instead or go to a friend's house, which helped a lot! And I explained to said friend that I would be calling them ALOT and that I didn't want to talk about the break-up anymore (unless I brought it up first), or for them to tell me that I could do better ect (I totally know how frustrating is that right, when at that time you think your ex is the most amazing person on the planet Smiley Frustrated ), I just needed them to distract me! Have you tried anything like this before?

Highlighted

Hey @friction how have things been going for you this week? We're here for you if you feel like chatting Smiley Happy

So much better thankyou! I've accepted the fact that we're not together anymore (after the 3 weeks it has been) and I've heard he's talking smack about me at school when I've done nothing wrong or to hurt him in any way. I've cut off all communication with him for now and just seeing how I go with that but all in all, watching videos of us is actually making me happy and not making me sad becasue I lose that part of me. It can only get better but thankyou so much for your message, I appreciate it xx

Hey @friction, glad to hear you're feeling better about the break up! We're always here if you need or want to chat! Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

God I wish I knew who you guys/ girls were !!!

It sounds like you've been showing a lot of strength @friction!

Breakups are never ever easy! In my own personal experience I feel like they really help you grow as a person though! 

I'm really glad that things have started to get better. It's so true! It can only get better from here Smiley Happy

I'm still so broken hearted like I wrote a massive letter explaining why I fell in love and had to lock it away because I just cry when I read it )): I keep on crying over him and I just wish I could have him back !!! If I got him as a Christmas present I wouldn't need anything else ahhhh

Hey friction, sorry to hear that this break up has hit you hard, we are all here for you and you've already been getting amazing support from the awesome mods!
It will take time before you don't feel so shitty anymore...feel free to tell us how you're feeling for as long as it takes, we will be here for you.

Breakups are never easy @friction, I can completely relate. I know it may sound cliche but time really does help heal wounds. 

Is there any self-care you could do to help when this situation upsets you?