cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CW: suicide, sexual assault - 13 Reasons Why Season 2

For the Ripple Effect @Bee? That's awesome! I know someone from my work organised to book out the movie theatre to show it and she was worried not many people would go but surprisingly the response was amazing!

thats so great @missep !
I haven't looked for it yet, I wonder if it's on Netflix...?
Have you seen it?

Come & join us Monday 22 for Getting Real: Life After Year 12 Exams! 
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Thanks for starting this thread @gina-RO - I know a lot of people have been impacted by this show. 

@missep just my two cents, but I personally felt that the show romanticised suicide rather than painting it in a realistic light. I haven't seen the entire show, but I did watch a few scenes including the one where Hannah attempts suicide, and to me it seemed to portray suicide as a beautiful thing. I certainly felt more suicidal after watching it and it triggered a lot of intrusive thoughts (I'm okay now though Smiley Happy ). But again, haven't seen the whole show! 

Good question @Bee!
I don't think so but hopefully they add it in the future!

I'm glad you're okay now @DruidChild ! I totally get what you mean, that's what I was thinking. It could glamorise it. They really should put trigger warnings as it could bring up a lot of things for people when they're watching.

Had a look and they don't @missep I also didn't realise it was only released this year!

Come & join us Monday 22 for Getting Real: Life After Year 12 Exams! 
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!