cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calm

I noticed on the discription about this part of the forums it mentions sharing tips so I just wanted to share one thing that has helped me.

Obviously professional help from someone like a psychologist is really important if you are struggling with things. But I think it's also important to spend time on your own away from some of the things that you are so used to doing, not so much stepping out of your comfort zone but giving yourself a break. So a few weeks ago I took the weekend off work, turned my phone off and gave myself time to just zone out and I feel like because of that overall I am feeling a bit more relaxed and content and grateful, sounds a bit stupid but it helped me. I went to jan juc which is my favourite place ever.
I think it's important to switch off your mind and just have time where you are just doing nothing but enjoying a moment of calm, for me my moment was a whole weekend, but it doesn't have to be, could be an hour a week, anything really.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Calm

Great advice @j95 ! I definitely agree. I do a similar thing often, and I have friends that do the same. It's so great for improving your wellbeing and clearing your head! 

Hey @j95

Yup, sharing tips is all good to go! (Unless you claim to know legal, medical, random professional facts, etc.)

Your tip doesn't sound stupid at all. I think that we spend a lot of time in front of our screens or just being rather sedentary, and the next think you know - life's passed by. Getting away from that and other chaos (like work) is a fantastic way to relax Smiley Happy

@j95... What a great idea! I often find that I get too caught up in the stress and rush of everyday life, so making the time to just relax and let myself physically calm down and recover is so important, and really helps my overall wellbeing!

Too right @Myvo, nothing like people pretending to know facts and pretending to be multiple profiles lol!,
I mean thats the awesome allure of putting up multiple profiles and playing games, isnt it?
Just kidding, but i do get your point about sharing genuine tips and not just pretending you're educated or knowledgeable,,, unless you've studied in the field, i say just share personal stories even if you make them up to make a point to someone... Discreetly that is.. ;-)

@evanescence You'll find that many of us here have experienced so much that we're willing to share and empathise when someone is going through some tough times. As for the tips, our community guidelines state that you should never provide professional advice such as legal, medical, financial or other because consequences, you know Smiley Tongue Like you said, there are people out there that are fully qualified who can better answer some questions. Even if you're a big nerd and have studied it (and still a student), you can't say that you're an 'expert' (yet)!

Hey @j95 I really like the sound of your points above on seeking calm for oneself. So important to take those steps to disconnect, recharge, and come back more centred! I lost my cell phone last time i tucked it away for a device-free weekend! Just couldnt remember where i put it! And didnt find it for weeks lol!

@Myvo Oops! Those community guidelines are like the small print i never read! So i hope i havent crossed any lines!

Nah, you're all good @evanescence! If someone was crossing the line, we'd be sure to point it out and remind them of the guidelines Smiley Happy

It's hard to find time but making time for it is important I think
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

This advice is spot on @j95 ! Awesome to see you're looking out for yourself!

When I'm stressing out in a big way I do exactly that - take time out from my normal flow of things and do something different, away from everything. For me, that usually involves taking a super long relaxing bath and doing all that pampering, girly stuff that I usually either don't do, or if I do do it, I rush.