cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concussion

I have to play rugby and I am extremely anxious and worried that I will get a concussion and lose some some of my cognitive ability

how do I stop worrying about getting a concussion?

Re: Concussion

Could you wear one of those concussion helmets like what Caleb Daniel wears? Or maybe talk to your coach?

Hi @JonoG

Repeated concussion is dangerous. Years playing in the NFL, suffering multiple concussions each year, maybe you'll lose some of your cognitive abilities. 

One or two concussions is okay, obviously you never want to be concussed but if that were to happen, it's fine. There's hundreds of retired league and rules players living perfectly normal lives after suffering lots of concussions in their careers. Plus back in those days, most concussions weren't even diagnosed so just they went back out there! 

Best way to stop worrying is to look at the facts. Look at past players, and how they are doing fine. It's just how brain focuses on one aspect of something and we get super anxious about it. Like how some people might think dangerous travelling on a plane is yet plane travel is statistically one of the safest options. 

I do wear headgear and I will talk to my coach thank you

Thank you

I do wear headgear and I will talk to my coach thank you

Thank you
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?: