cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Confused and Frustrated

Hello everyone. Ive never been on a site like this so im not exactly sure what im doing. Im on here because im really just not sure what to do anymore. Ive been struggling with my depression for a while now and its only getting worse. I feel stuck, like i dont have a purpose or meaning to my life. I recently moved back in with my family and that has made me stress out ten times more because i feel like i constantly have to put on a happy face, lately ive been snapping on everyone here for really small things and even though i know i shouldnt its like i cant help myself. I want to tell them whats going on but my family doesnt necessarily believe in depression and they would just tell me to "stop being sad". Even writing on here makes me feel bad because i dont want to sound like im whining about my shitty life. I dont want anyones sympathy, i just know i need help.  

Re: Confused and Frustrated

Hey @summerkay99 and welcome! Smiley Happy

Sounds like there's a lot to deal with right now... I don't blame you for being super stressed out.

Firstly, it's a bit of a tangent, but your mention of sympathy made me think of this video (you might have seen it before):

We therefore don't really like to doll out sympathy here - empathy is where it's at Heart

You mention that you know you need help (it's awesome that you recognise this!). I'm wondering if you've ever sought any support before?

Re: Confused and Frustrated

Hey @summerkay99,

Seems like you are dealing with a lot right now and it has become quite overwhelming. 

You mentioned that you feel like you can't talk to your family about how you are feeling but is there someone else you can talk to? Maybe a friend?