cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BB

Confused and unsure

Hi

I'm not really sure to go about all this. I have heard about these different sites that you can get help so I thought I might give it a go.

I haven't been myself for a while now. I don't have any idea why but I get upset over the smallest things. I have been crying lately the past few nights just thinking of family, friends, even just what I'm doing the next day an I get upset. I'm upset just writing this and I don't know why. I try and talk to a good friend of mine about my problems and what's on my mind but I feel like he doesn't believe me.

I have in the past harmed myself because I kept breaking down all the time and I feel like is crawling back to me again. I feel like I'm complaining alot but I don't mean to come across that way cause I just want to feel better for once.

I'm not sure what I should or shouldn't be saying. I'm not sure how to put what's going on with me in words.

Re: Confused and unsure

HI BB,

Thanks for coming to RO. It's a big step to try to express what you're feeling, especially when you're so unsure yourself. Rest assured you're not alone, there are many others here who've felt just the way you're feeling now.

The self harm is a concern, but at least it's something you recognise as a problem - that's a really important step. It sounds like it's something you've stopped doing now, but you may still find this an interesting read: http://au.reachout.com/What-is-self-harm

When you say 'getting upset over the smallest things' - is it possible you mean you can't stop worrying about things? This article might provide some insights for you: http://au.reachout.com/All-about-worrying

I also wanted to say that none of your problems are small - they're effecting how you think & act so they're important, just like you are Smiley Happy

Have you talked to anyone about how you're feeling? A friend, parent - someone you trust? It's great that you've come here, talking to someone is also a great step in the right direction to get the help you deserve.

If you ever need someone to talk to, try Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800. Lots of other people here on RO have found them really helpful. They can also put you in touch with local doctors or counselors who might be able to help you out.

Take care!
JD.

Welcome BB 

Im glad you came on the forums, you are so brave for sharing your story with us and you should be proud of yourself for that. 

Its terrible that you have been experiencing this sadness and it must be really confusing not knowing why. Have you spoken to your family or a consellor, maybe there is something that is going on that you haven't resolved? I have had times like that as well when I cry and I dont understand why until I sit down and really find out why by listing things that could have made me upset.

Maybe writing a journal might help you or talking things out could help you figure things out in your mind. 

I hope that coming on the forums has helped you and please take care of yourself by doing something that makes u happy, try consciously thinking positive and join some of the positivity focused forum discussions http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Everyday-life-stuff/bd-p/Everyday_life_stuff

I hope all goes well Smiley Happy 

Hey BB

You know there's no problem just being upset. Sometimes it's irrational, random and completely un-called for. But if you feel better afterwards, let it out.

To me it seems like you've posted online for someone to tell you how to stop, or to tell you why you're upset. Now, there might be a reason why, and I'm sure we could help you through it. But be open to just letting off some steam. Perhaps something happened today that just got to you and you want to vent or get upset about it. That's totally cool.

But look after yourself. You've only got one body, and it functions like it does for a reason. The fun part is learning about it, and working out what you want to do with it. 

That's my 2cents, hope it helps.

- J

Hey BB,

I used to have the same problem before I was diagnosed with some MH issues.

I used to spend a lot of time crying when I was in bed. Once I even cried when my Mum gave me a present, I had no idea why and couldn't give her an answer when she asked what was wrong.

Then I made a tough decision and decided to go see my GP about it. I was pretty clued up about mental heal stuff already and though that I had some of the symptoms of depression which can include crying, issues with sleep, withdrawl from other people plus many more. I pretty much had every one of those!

It was really hard to get to guts to make an appointment and I was so freaked out about it that I ended up crying the whole time anyway. But it was so worth it because I feel so much better now after starting therapy and some drugs.

If I was lucky enough to be in your position where I'd posted for some help I'd definately have wanted someone to tell me to check out some of the resources on this site and to go have a chat to my GP, no matter how scared I was about it!

Goodluck

hi BB

just popping by and wanted to say thanks for giving Reach Out a go.

it really is a vibrant and dynamic bit of cyberspace dedicated to support people who are having a rough time or just looking for a space to chill.

hope ill see you around the forums in the future