cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coping with pain

Okay.. well I’m not really sure what to do with my life.. the one thing I want to do with it would be many years away and Idk if I wanna keep going. I’m stuck

I've been there before, it's really hard... 

Do you mind if I ask what the thing you want to do is? (no problems if you don't want to say, it's completely up to you)

Highlighted

Pretty sure you might know.. my dream to work for kids helpline and also I’d get the chance to meet my counsellor! That’s one of the only things I live for. But she may not be there when I’m able to work.. she’s probably gonna move on

That's so cool!! Do you know how you might get there?

And yeah, I don't know how long counselors usually stay at kids helpline...

The good news is that adults will often stay in jobs for longer than it takes to finish high school, so there is definitely a chance she'll still be there.

What do you mean how I’ll get there?
Yea I still have college and uni to get through.. I don’t know if she’ll be there and it’s gonna be so hard when I have to let go of her.. I probably will be so low and possibly give up. I’m not kidding

Like, what would you need to get a job there, or what experience would be helpful?

For me I looked at the job requirements for a vet. I'd need to do veterinary medicine in uni, so I knew I'd have to do maths, chemistry and biology in high school. Plus work experience would be useful, so now I volunteer at an animal rescue.

It might help make school and uni easier to get through if you're actively working on getting to where you want, and planning a pathway.

I have to go to dinner now sorry, but I'll be back after. Take care in the meantime.

Ok bye

Ohh I haven’t made one for a counsellor yet.. I wanted to be a surgeon and planned all that and made my pathway but it changed when I started with my counsellor and got all these mental health problems

Yeah, I've heard it's a super stressful job.

It kinda sucks how illness can do that to career plans, but it's good that there's another possibility that you like!