cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coping with pain

Thanks but could I still get them from both of you?

Have you had a look at this thread about coping strategies for self harm?

https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Getting-Help/Self-harm-coping-strategies-and-alternatives/m-p/3536...

Are there some things listed there you would try?

Recognizing that this is becoming an addiction shows that you are insightful. I don't really know what to advise here.

Oh and good job on fighting those urges!

Yea I’ve looked through that thread.. multiple times actually.. nothing works for me tho

I can understand and relate to feeling that any other alternative behaviour is not as good as the addiction Smiley Sad 

Are you safe right now? Do you have family or friends that know about it?

Okay, just give me bit of time to word it in a way that won't be triggering or break the guidelines.

@Bananatime04, I'll try to add a few extra ideas to that thread when I get the chance.

Talking to you is always so comforting @dncinginthedirt.. you make me feel less alone and you understanding how I feel makes me feel so much better. I’m safe now but before I was not. I have not told anyone about this.. and I don’t plan to.
Ok thank you @Tiny_leaf
Highlighted

I'm glad you are safe now. At some point, the marks will be noticed. But what is REALLY worrying is that you could end up doing more harmful things as the addiction gets worse.

How do you feel when you have done it?

The first time I was like why the fuck do people do this?! It’s so stupid. then the second time I done it, it was sooo good! Suck a good distraction! It’s been like this ever since! I can’t stop