cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coping with pain

Okay, so I can't say what I used to use, but I can say that it was in a box.

I had to do it gradually. In theory, I could've just thrown the box away so I couldn't hurt myself like that even if I wanted. No way was I prepared to do that at the time.

So what would I have to do to stop? I’d just find more things to use..
Highlighted

The first time I did it, I was in my room and I started balling my eyes out when I had decided that this was something I was going to do. 

I'm trying to think up something helpful to say but I don't know what Smiley Sad 

Please remember that you are better than how you are treating yourself. Remember that scars are for life. But know that you are not a failure if you continue to do it.

My first issue when trying to stop was that the box was right there

So I moved the box into a place that was harder to get to, even though I could still reach it if I wanted.

I then put a different box in it's place, and turned that box into a self care box.

When I went to self harm, I'd first go to the self care box in the easy-to-reach place.

Sometimes I'd end up self harming anyway, sometimes I wouldn't, but the important thing for me was that I made something other than self harm the first thing I went to when I got urges.

Does that make sense?

I had the same problem; I'm going to follow up, but I'm doing shorter posts so that I don't accidentally make a giant block of text that I can't proof read properly... 

@dncinginthedirt you always say things that are helpful.. but I know what I’m doing to myself but I don’t think about that when I do it. I don’t think at all really!
@Tiny_leaf But I don’t do it in the same place.. I do it at school, at my house, at my dads house.. anywhere.. I think I’m just gonna be stuck with this forever

I don't think you'll be stuck with it forever, it just means that different things work for each of us.

May I ask if there's a certain object you regularly use? (obviously don't say what it is, just a yes or no would be best I think)

Well there are different things I use but they do the same thing so kinda yes and no

I actually have a friend who also did it pretty much where ever she could. That did not stop her overcoming it, she hasn't self harmed for ages (I'm really proud of her, it wasn't easy but she did it).

I wish I was that strong.. I’m not tho