cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Dealing with feeling like you're falling behind

Hi @Sophia-RO you're totally right, it's so important to feel motivated and to feel like the job suits you, not that you would fit into the role even if you don't like it. I mention law because for a very long time I felt inadequate that I wasn't following the hustle and getting a paralegal job to get my foot in the door of the profession. The idea of trying to get a role like that always made me feel more stressed and burdened than excited, but it's hard in a degree where the successful people get straight to work to get ahead and you don't even know what you want to do. It took me a good chunk of the beginning of lockdown to accept and be okay with the fact that I took a while to decide that I wanted to pursue psych, but I'm sure I'll be using it anyway!

Highlighted

Re: Dealing with feeling like you're falling behind

I definitely agree @StormySeas17, it is so important to love what you are doing as it helps to keep you motivated. Sorry to hear about your experience with the law profession, I have also heard about how hard it can be to get a good job in Smiley Sad. I definitely agree that your law knowledge will prove to be very useful, even when working in the psych field. Having that knowledge would be so useful when working with clients who might experiencing certain legal issues or when working in a legal enviornment such as Corrections!