cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definitely not doing well

Oops I snapped again. So today I... broke my phone charger, dented my desk and oh who knows what else. Safe to say, I am a stupid person who gets angry a lot. 

The reason behind today's outburst was that I couldn't change the password on the xbox, dad changed my email (the wrong thing) and I can't change it back now. And I just... my fucking god! Why I am so shit at this? This being calm and not letting my anger get the better of me. I just can't seem to let it go and now I have to work (who only gave me one measly three hour shift this week, so stuff them)

I feel like I'm really letting everyone down. And I'm sure everyone hates me too, especially when I get angry for stupid things. I hate myself for it too. So I'm sorry, that I can't control myself. I don't think I'm ever going to get better, nothing I've tried has ever worked for me so yeah. I'm sorry. 

And now I'm going to be late for work. Oops Smiley Tongue

Re: Definitely not doing well

Don't be sorry at all you've done pretty well reflecting on all of that and sharing it with us. It's an amazing skill, there's people in the world who push anger aside or ignore it. Hopefully you're not too late for work, how are you feeling now?

@N1ghtW1ng

Hope you're feeling better today @N1ghtW1ng!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thanks @letitgo Smiley Happy

@Bree-RO I'm just taking things one step at a time.
Highlighted

Hey @N1ghtW1ng I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you're doing better now. It's okay to snap every now and again because of the things that happens around us. I'm sure you're not letting anyone down, you're just venting the anger you feel, it's better than keeping it bottled up. People around you doesn't hate you, no one hates you, you've been an amazing part of the reachout community and everyone's lives. Maybe right now you can't control yourself but don't lose hope!

Hey @N1ghtW1ng,

Good job on reflecting Smiley Happy it can be hard but you are already making steps to improve. Give yourself a little time and a break. We all make mistakes. I also acknowledge how you're feeling when you snap and just lose it. It happens to me too when I just get really angry and snap at my family. I don't mean to and it can be hard to just take a breath and calm down. I feel awful afterwards. 

Sometimes we just need to vent and that is okay.  Do you have any kind of outlets that you like to use to get rid of any pent up anger or frustration? I like to write in my journal and do some sport. I also have a friend who knows me incredibly well and I just let him know that I'm about to snap and I just need to get my anger or frustration out and he just listens and helps me to gage some kind of perspective. Due to my anxiety and perfectionism, I often have catastrophic thought patterns over often small things. So it really helps that my friend is there for me like that. 

Can you see anywhere where you may be able to do something like that? I know some people like to talk to people, so you could use kidshelpline or something like that and just have a chat about how you're feeling. Or perhaps something else? 

Let me know how you go. Smiley Happy 

Hi @N1ghtW1ng

I'm glad you're feeling better now Smiley Happy 

When I snap I have to remind myself to breathe and not be too hard on myself. 

Sometimes life throws us some curveballs but we can use them as opportunities to learn and practice how to react Smiley Happy 

hi @N1ghtW1ng just checking in to see how your going

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01 thanks for checking in Smiley Happy things are going, although they could be better Smiley Tongue

Thanks @Awkward gal

things always seem like they could go better but i bet your making th most and doing what you can with the situation you have @N1ghtW1ng

what have you got planned for yourself today?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**