cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Diagnosis Questions

Hi @Pariscat16

That's good that you're going to try talking with your mum!

Please tell us how it goes. 

You're not alone with your OCD and anxiety and it's really brave of you to want to sit down and talk about the things that are challenging you. 

Highlighted

Thanks,

But recently I have been hearing voices in my head when I think about it I used to hear them quite a lot when I was younger but never thought much of them as I did not really know what mental health was then but now they have started coming back more frequently. Most of the time it is just the same person, they are female and whenever I hear her she is always mocking me, laughing at me and saying mean thing to me, it is really hard to explain but sometimes when this happens it makes the world around me seem like things are going very slowly and it makes sound seem distant, last night it was really strange I heard someone say to my ear the word yum. I know it sounds crazy but I am not joking. What made it even stranger is that I felt it on my ear like someone was touching me. There was no one in the room at the time except me but I really don't know if it is real or all in my head. 

Highlighted

That sounds like it could be quite scary @Pariscat16! Are you feeling ok with it so far?

It doesn't sound crazy at all! If it's freaking you out a bit more or interfering with your life, do you think a psychologist might help figure out what's going on? Perhaps that way you'll have more options to protect yourself when you've got more people backing you and helping you be more prepared every time it happens.

Let me know how you're doing! You're not alone in this Heart

Highlighted

Hi @Pariscat16,

That does sound scary! 

It might be for the best to see a professional because they might be able to teach you some coping mechanisms which may help to reduce the distress caused by these voices. 

Professionals are there to be just that, professional. They should be able to listen to you with no-judgements and try to help you. 

Have you spoken to your mum about hearing these voices? Would she be someone you feel comfortable to talk to about this?

Please keep us updated!