cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need help?...Do You?

Hello reachout members im new to this..i will be honest and say i never thought i'd be so desperate for help and come online to do so. But, im emotional damaged and my family are all the abusers of me being this way i have a boyfriend im 17 i hide my relationship because i dont need more drama and plus i got in trouble before about him. but in my eyes im happy and found someone who can deal with me and my issues of course im going to keep him. my life is coming to the point of once i graduate this year i do not want to be bother with my family. my boyfriends family adore me but i dont wannt to be depending on him and his family for support and other things so this is why im here. im tired of being tired....and tired of the stress and holding things in itss too much i have a pulled muscle around my heart because of the stress and emotional abuse from both my mom and dad family. i need help now a therapist i dont care but i need someone to help me mature myself become independent and learn how to leave my horrible destroying past in the past and start my life on my own with my loving patient boyfriend lol by my side....i have no insurance nor job. parents wont let me work i feel trabbed in my house i dont even want to go home after school i wish i can avoid home thats how fed up i am..my little sister is 14 going on 15 you know the teen phase with boys etc but its hard for her as well. we cant talk to our parents without yelling and temper issues meaning like my sister will throw a plate at the wall and my mom constaant yelling my dad screaming its too much. what should i do? please help me figure out a plan and become my own person.

Re: Do I need help?...Do You?

Sounds tough. I'm sorry to hear youre having a rough time, but I'm glad you had the courage to ask for help.

I'm not really an expert in this area, but I can tell you what I would be trying to do. If I had a close friend, or even a boyfriend, I would see if their parents could help me.

Ultimately you need a new place to live, which requires rent, which requires money, which requires a job. You're old enough to get a job, especially if you are finished with school, which wont be long now.

Could you live on somebodies couch for a couple of months until you find a job? That is what I would be trying to do if I were you. Reaching out for help can be difficult, but it sounds like youre in a tight spot, and you would be amazed how kind and generous some human beings can be, you might even adopt a new family, who knows.

Please keep asking for help, eventually you will find some.

Hey @Afamouswarrior 

Welcome to the forums and we are so glad to have you. I hope it feels good to just write this down and share with us. It sounds like you are going through so much right now. You should be proud of yourself for coming on here and asking for help it shows that you are strong.

It is terrible that you are going through this emotional and verbal abuse from your family and it must be very draining to always have to deal with that. It is great though that you have your boyfriend and his family who support you and it is amazing to see that you want to be independent and you can be independent and still have support from the people around you. 

I can hear that once you graduate you would like to move out of home and start living independently. I do have these factsheets on moving out and looking for work  that might help you decide on your next steps.

It sounds like you also want professional help as well which is great and this is a positive first step for you maybe you could contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 they also have online chat  there is also Kids Helpline which offers online counselling as well as phone on 1800 55 1800 and I also have eheadspace that also do online counselling 

I think it is very important to take care of yourself and maybe this fact sheet on building better coping skills might help you handle difficult situations at home as well. 

I hope this helps.

We are here for you and hope to hear from you soon. 

my boyfriends mother is rarely home she goes to college, and my parents wouldnt dare let me staying at someone elses home

If your parents are abusing you, do you really think they are the best people to be making a decision about where you should stay?

I can understand that it might be easier for you to branch out by yourself and It seems like you are trying to limit the conflict and staying with someone else might make things worse with your family. 

I think the first step for you would be finding a job and saving up money before you do move out, do you think that's an option for you?

Here is Getting Real Session on a survival guide for family conflict, it might help you to see what other people have to say for some practical tips to help you through this now. 

my mom wont let me work..

Hey @Afamouswarrior 

Have you thought about talking to one of the counselling services? They might be able to help you work out what our options are.