cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does anyone else still struggle with extreme childhood (and existing) parental pressures to succ

Hey @Macaria, it is really nice that you have jumped onto this thread and shared your experiences, it goes a long way Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear of the struggles with expectations you received while growing up, I can understand how difficult it is on yourself to maintain the expectations of others around you, and the effect this has on your mental health. It is really great to hear that your parent's begun to notice their affect of these expectations and comments, but I can understand why your struggling with this in the outer community now. Have you spoken to a counsellor or psychologist about this experience? 
I love what you have said about being open to yourself, and noticing when you are feeling like this cycle is beginning to start. Have you developed any self reflection, or other tools that you have put in place to assist you? Smiley Happy

Re: Does anyone else still struggle with extreme childhood (and existing) parental pressures to succ

@Macaria i can empathise and somewhat relate to your experience of pressure from parents until they saw how badly it impacted my mental health. What helped me a lot during this was journalling and using an exercise of taking yourself out of body and then the room into clouds and just keep going up to slowly change your perspective. Like @Kaylee-RO said could it be good to see a counsellor or psychologist?

Hi @Kaylee-RO and @A_Friend, I do develop self-reflection and I think that's the reason makes me better now and I'm also panning to see a psychologist to help me with the childhood trauma because it's hard to solve that by my self, thanks for your support Smiley Very Happy

@Macaria How amazing! It is incredible what self reflection can do for you, do you have anything in particular that you do for this? 

I am happy to hear you are looking into seeing a psychologist for your childhood trauma, facing that on your own is never an easy task and having an outside/professional perspective that isn't judgmental is so important Smiley Happy
You are very inspiring and I am proud of you. Heart

@Macaria Thats amazing. I hope you remember to be proud of yourself, that is a step in the right direction. I am so proud of you and I hope things can improve for you with some new coping strategies