cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drug addiction, stress and lonliness

I've been a heroin addict since 1 year. I seriously want to get off it. People think i use drugs to enjoy but I've hated every second of these past year. I think if i wasn't so lonely or if i had a purpose in life, I could muster the courage to get off it. I need a girl to give me a purpose and save me from this hell. Does that make sense?

Re: Drug addiction, stress and lonliness

Hey @HankBlack, thanks for reaching out. It isn't easy to share your story and takes a whole lot of courage. I can see that you have been struggling so much with your addiction. Being lonely and feeling like you have no purpose in life can be really distressing. The people around us can support us to make positive changes in our lives but it still requires effort and motivation on our part. Friends, family and partners can only provide a certain level of support and often we need more help than they can provide. Have you spoken to anyone about this before? There is a service called Counselling Online which has counselling for drugs and other alcohol. It could be a great place for you to start and will have local information on how you can get appropriate face-to-face support Heart

hey @HankBlack i'm so sorry to hear you've been having a really hard time the past year. Having people in your life assume that your substance use is just for fun sounds really frustrating, especially as for a lot of people it's to help cope with emotions that are the complete opposite. 
I agree that Counselling Online is really helpful though! It has some good advice too on what to do if you want to change your use but don't know what step to take next or are apprehensive about doing so. There might even be groups in your area with people who have been in the same situation that you might be able to get in touch with too, if you're feeling isolated? 

Thank you