cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Eating disorder

I suffer from Anorexia Nervosa, all though I do not look sick. To me I still look chubby in the stomach and I still desperately want to loose weight. Along with not eating I would also purge most meals if I ate them. Purging became my way of taking out my self hate. I felt good after I would do it. I am being forced to eat 3 meals a day unless I'm being hospitalised and I get taken completely against my will. I cant change my thoughts about my appearance or being fat or the food. I cant change my hate for everything and I cant stop crying and being completely and utterly frustrated. I just hate myself so much and I cant change it. I am seeing many people for the physical side of an eating disorder but as many people know you cant only fix one half of the issue and my parents don't bother trying to find anyone else to help with the psychological side of things since we have been told if I am forced to eat for long enough everything else will just click. This is very wro g and I am not coping at all I am begging for help at my knees.

Highlighted

Anorexia

Hi I'm in desperate need of help. I've suffered from an eating disorder all year. I have tried to seek help with a phycologist to help me with self harm which worked and I have been seeing a team to help with my eating disorder which has not helped and my disorder has only gotten stronger. On Wednesday 2nd November I fainted at school and was unresponsive for 15 minutes. I stopped breathing for 13 seconds and had to get CPR I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and I spoke to the team that deal with eating disorders there which I had spoken to briefly before. They wanted to admit me as an impatient, I would not be able to cope with that so my parents came up with an alternative. I have 3 weeks to try get reasonably healthy again if not I go to the hospital as an impatient. I am extremely frustrated and upset I cannot stop crying. I look at my body and I think its fat I am not as skinny as other girls and I don't look sick. I m forced to eat 3 meals a day which I think are huge and I cant cope. I am scared to put on weight and I hate myself even more I am not coping. I'm in desperate need of help my parent and I yell and scream at each other and they don't understand and they don't know how ti help me cope they say I just have to do it but I cant. I can feel myself getting fatter an di don't know what to do. I beg whoever reads this please help me I don't want to end up in the hospital its horrible there but I cant change my head and stop comparing myself to others. Please if you can help me.

Highlighted

Re: Anorexia

Hi @lilyjohhnson I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time right now. Eating disorders are very difficult to cope with and I'm sorry you feel like your parents are not able to really understand what you're going through. I agree with you that there are two sides to helping with ED, one is changing the eating behaviour and the other is psychological. You mentioned your parents are not finding you a therapist to help with this? Please correct me if I misunderstood this. You definitely need all the support you can get. Your parents are trying to help you in their own way and are likely really worried about you. That said, you can get the help you need and then if you feel comfortable, you can share your thoughts with them when you have more information.

There are support services you can contact and talk to trained counsellors. Some of them also have webchat services in case you are not comfortable talking on the phone. The Butterfly Foundation specializes in helping with eating disorders. They have a national helpline (1800 33 4673) and webchat that you can use between 8am and 9pm on weekdays. They also have an information page on body image that you might like to read. 

Since this is a weekend, I would also suggest you call Kids Help Line at 1800 55 1800 to talk to a counselor for some support through the weekend.

Please hang in there and keep us updated Heart

Highlighted

thankyou very much I will definitely contact those people you suggested, this has been a huge help and ill try hang in thankyou for the support.

Highlighted

Hi @lilyjohhnson, I hope you're doing better and that you were able to get in touch with some of the services that @Mona-RO provided. I just want to add that if you are in Victoria, Eating Disorders Victoria also has a page of resources to help out with people with EDs. In the meantime, I understand that things are very hard right now and that you are under a lot of stress! However, there are ways to get the help and support you need, and that you also have a lot of strength within yourself to change for the better. Sometimes it is about noticing when you are panicking, taking a step back and breathing deeply to get a clearer head about the situation.

Highlighted

TW: Re: Anorexia

I have Anorexia Nervosa, even though I don't look sick. When in hospital, I am expected to eat 3 meals a day. I do not alter my feelings about my appearance or my diet or being overweight. I can't change my dislike of anything and I can't stop crying and I'm totally and absolutely upset. I hate myself so much, and I just can't change that. For the physical side of an eating disorder, I see many people, but like many people know that you can only solve one half of the equation, and my parents don't bother trying to find someone else to deal with the psychological side of things, because we were told that if I'm able to eat long enough, anything else will just click.  This is really wrong and at all, I am pleading for support at my feet, I am not coping at all.

Highlighted

Re: TW: Re: Anorexia

Hello @kayleesophie, I am sorry to hear that you don't feel like you are coping. It sounds like things are really tough for you, so it is really awesome that you are reaching out for more support. You sounds quite insightful about what is going on and the support that you need. I am wondering if you have had a chance to discuss your desire to find someone that can support you psychologically with your parents yet? It sounds like they have been involved so far with your care, I hope that you find that they are open to getting you more support. Have you had a chance to talk with a mental health professional such as a psychologist before about how you have been coping?

I also just wanted to let you know that I have had to edit out some details of your post as it breached some of your community guidelines. Here is a link to them if you wanted to check them out a bit more Heart