cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Everything is just really crap

I know I'm always having some problem or always having a sook about something but everything just really sucks and I feel likeveverything is out of control I need to get out of all of this somehow 

thats all I can explain I don't know how to put the rest into words

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Re: Everything is just really crap

@j95 I'm sorry that lately you feel like everything sucks and is out of control. Smiley Sad It sounds pretty awful. 

I don't think you're 'being a sook' - I'm really glad you can reach out to ask for support, that takes a lot of courage. RO is here for the express purpose of supporting people through tough times - if none of us ever asked for support, there wouldn't be a point to the forums. 

Is there anything that has worked in the past when you feel out of control?

Is there anyone you could chat to about what's going on( your roommate, a mate)?

Could you take a break and get out of it all for bit, maybe take the dogs for a walk or go swimming? 

I hope things start to feel better soon. 

Highlighted

It's not just that everything is crap sorry I wasn't very clear @DruidChild it's just so complicated I wish I could put words to it, I don't know if you saw my posts in the short sads thread late last night
Highlighted

@j95 I know it can be super hard to put words to things when you're really overwhelmed, but you were fine, I just hadn't seen your short sads posts. I just read your short sads posts, part of what's going on is the headspace appointments and all the stress and worry around that, and part of it is physical symptoms, is that right?

It sounds really tough and I'd really like to be able to do something that would help - is there anything I can do/say?

How are you going with all the physical panic/anxiety symptoms, your breathing and needing to escape and stuff?

Highlighted

I think the worry of the headspace appointments is a result/comes with the feelings of panic/scared/ feeling trapped and needing to get out, but the appointments aren't the reason for it. Like last night i wasn't feeling great but I thought I'd stick it out and go to my appointment and the minute I got in there I was scared and I was like nah fuck this I'm out, was out of there so quickly.
@DruidChild I hope I make sense.
Highlighted

There's no shame in talking about what's going on and asking for help  @j95, you're so strong. @DruidChild is right, is there anything you can do to take a break to clear your head or is there something that has worked in the past when you have felt out of control? Just a reminder to contact SCBS on 1300 659 467 or Lifeline on 13 14 11 if you are feeling suicidal or at risk of harming yourself. 

Highlighted

There isn't anything that's going to work @NickiPower I'm feeling really scared
Highlighted

What do you reckon about maybe trying to change focus a little, to "what can I do/accomplish while feeling like this"? Like maybe it's OK to play with the dogs in the back yard while you're feeling afraid. Maybe it's OK to draw something or talk to someone or build something while feeling afraid. The feeling sucks for sure, but maybe if there was a way to decide that it won't get in the way of certain things, then maybe there could be a way to shift focus away from the feeling and on to the activity.

Thats kind of what I do for specific things that make me feel anxious. Do you think its something you could try?
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that you are feeling scared @j95, but I want to make sure that you're safe. Are you safe? Also @Bay52VU has put up some great suggestions to try and change the focus. 

Highlighted

I don't know what's happening @NickiPower I sound so bloody crazy and I don't know maybe I am