cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exams

Exams are this week and Im seriously so anxious and stress for them especially history because I really do not know anything about it not because I don't listen (well sometimes) but I just don't understand a anything and my teacher is not really going to be there to ask questions so I'm really nervous. 

I was wondering if anyone has any tips

Re: Exams

For sure exams are a challenging time! @less123321 We have a pretty awesome article on this here Smiley Happy There is also this thread on the forums, with tonnes of advice. Do you have any support around this issue at home?

Hey @less123321

We remember more than we actually believe. Even if you thought you weren't listening at the time your brain stills picks up some information and you'll remember it. Obviously it won't be as detailed and you might not understand bits and pieces of information. 

Exams are very stressful indeed. Even though I don't have to do exams anymore I still have nightmares about taking exams haha. Do you have any notes you have taken? Maybe you can revise them? Do you know the topics you've been learning? You can try to Google the topics and maybe learn that way (which is what I mostly did because our teacher was really bad explaining things) 

@Bree-RO thank you so much !! I don't really want to talk about it with my mum because she will automatically think its because I'm not studying hard enough.. I don't like she understands

@LeoTheLion its a bit harder because I have this learning difficulty called auditory processing disorder and even if I put my full attention into what a teacher is saying I still won't remember. SO lucky can't wait for the day that I don't need to take exams. I have been trying to revise my notes but I have no idea why it makes me so anxious when I do its the weirdest thing ever!! thank you so much for the tips !! Smiley Happy)))

@less123321
I'm sorry to hear you are stressed about your exam. I always felt like I didn't do well in history, I found it hard to remember all the different things we learnt, but at the end, I usually did better than I thought I would so I was proud of that.
Like @LeoTheLion said we often remember more than we think we do.
You mentioned you have a learning difficulty, are you getting any support or help with this from your school?

In regards to feeling anxious when reading your notes, are you stressed before reading them? I found I used to cry a LOT if I was stressed and tried to study. (It still happens actually)

Come & join us in our week long Getting Real for MENTAL HEALTH WEEK
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

@Bee same like i can't remember any facts like I can't even remember when WWII ended aha. I do get support at school but because I'm getting into older year levels they can't help as much because they are trying to prepare you for VCE when you can't get much help... Im so stressed before reading them like i seriously have no idea why... I feel that makes me forgot what I'm reading. thank you so much for the support

@less123321 I'm glad you're getting support at the moment. That sounds a bit weird that you can't get support through the VCE. I am in NSW and I know there was a variety of different support you could get depending on what you needed... Have you looked at the Victorian government website about it? Maybe @lokifish could help or @letitgo

Is there anything that you know of that helps relax you? Maybe it might be worth doing something relaxing before you try to study?

@Bee yeah it is a bit weird especially because most of the stuff you do in VCE you probably don't have to do in your life. I have talked about it with VCE teachers and they say that you can only apply for some extra help and apparently that is like a rest break during exams and thats pretty much it... Things that relax me ahah probably love island tehehehee or probably doing make up

@less123321 ah yeah that makes sense. Yeah in terms of the exams that sounds very similar to NSW.
What helps you learn things? I learn by doing and visually. Eg if you show me and then I can do it, I'm able to pick it up better as opposed to someone telling me and getting me to do it.Smiley Happy

Maybe try watching Love Island or some your make-up before some study? Would that help you do you think?

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 221 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors