cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling Low

@sweet_baking I'm sorry to hear about your friends' family member. I hope they are okay and recovery soon x

Remember to be extra kind to yourself through this <3

So I don't overtake your thread, I have made a thread about it all here: Coping with life post operation. I'm doing my best thanks Smiley Happy

I have 1 week and 2 days in the cast, and another 6 weeks non-weight bearing still!

Recovery is up and down on a whole. Physically it's progressing well. Last appointment the ortho was pleased with the x-rays. I'll get updated ones next week.

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

hey sweet_baking

im sorry to hear about your family member, i hope they feel better soon. im glad that your and your friend are in a better space now too. its good to hear.
urgh accumulating and struggles to get out of bed can be tricky cant it! im hearing you on that one for sure!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

hey @sweet_baking
how are you going?

Hi @scared01 and @Bee, sorry for the late reply - had an interview which I absolutely bombed unfortunately, so took a bit of time out to deal with that, but thank you both so much for replying and checking in with me Smiley Happy

Thank you for your kind words. My friend is doing much better, and their family member is recovering as well, so I am very glad that is going well for them. I just talked to her last night, she's still emotional, but that's completely understandable due to the fear she had of losing them.

@scared01 it really can be, thanks for understanding❤️

What do you do to cope with those feelings?

And on top of that, the friend situation got pretty bad, he acted really shitty towards me recently and though he apologised afterwards, I'm back to feeling like 'is it even worth it'? I think I just need to see him and have an honest conversation about if we are even really friends anymore. Once things are clear, I'll feel better, even if I find confrontation very uncomfortable.

@Bee, thanks for the thread link! I definitely don't mind sharing haha, but I'd love to keep myself in the loop of your recovery, which I'm glad to hear physically is coming along well Smiley Happy It can be very difficult to cope with the changes that come from an operation like that, so I'm proud of how strong you are ❤️

@sweet_baking I'm sorry to hear about the job interview, I have many experiences of bombing job interviews due to low mood and high anxiety. Maybe you did better than you think - I know thats been said of me previously that I interviewed well aven when I thought I didn't.

So glad to hear the family friend is doing well!

In re to to the last paragraph you tagged me in ❤ aww thanks

hmm thats really tricky with your friend @sweet_baking perhaps just give that friend some space or have that honest conversation with him. the questioning side of things is so hard sometimes and the stress of the unknown can be alot worse than not knowing much at all.

hmm how do i cope with those feelings... i guess it depends on the day but i try to have something to look forward to whether that be a nice breakfast, or a special treat or something. that can sometimes help, if im relaly overwhelmed i will try to think what one or 2 things can i do today to reduce that overwhelm- e.g finish an assignment thats due and get the housework done. maybe that would work for you too. kinda like having a specific focal point for the day and put the rest aside.

Hi @Bee - that's true, I guess there's always a chance, but I'm pretty realistic. It's ok though, I've done a lot of journalling out my frustration, now it's about looking ahead and trying harder for next time right?

And you're welcome! Smiley Happy 

Hi @scared01, exactly, I think it'll have to be an honest conversation. This unknown is affecting me pretty badly, especially when I think of all the good times and how suddenly it felt like that disappeared. 

Thank you for all the ideas! I especially like the idea of having a focal point to structure your day around, it would definitely lessen the feeling of being overwhelmed. Just know there is one thing to focus on then do it, as opposed to worrying about everything else.

@sweet_baking Absolutely! Fingers crossed you hear something soon! Smiley Happy
Journalling can be so therapeutic - well done! <3
Absolutely! I know it's hard and I also struggle with interviews, but I try to come across as confident as I can. And I guess one thing I've come to realise through many interviews is if I'm not comfortable talking with them about my skills now, I'm probably not going to feel confident to approach them if there is a problem at work or something I need help with. Something to think about Smiley Happy

hey @sweet_baking

oh yes the unknown stuff is so tough. i hope you get to have that honest conversation with them soon!
im glad those ideas were helpful, it can be tricky to implement and practice new things too so if it doesnt help for the first day or so try to persevere with it Smiley Happy

Hi @Bee! Thank you for being so supportive, I have been doing better lately Smiley Happy

And that's a really nice way of looking at interviews. How can I feel comfortable around people I can't even talk to properly? I will definitely think about it for future interviews!