cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Feeling tired, resulting in getting distracted, procrastinating on University work

It's Week 10 at Uni and I have 3 assignments due, with one being due tomorrow which I haven't done too much on but I'm dedicating today to do it.

Aside from all the assignments, I've been wanting and trying to dedicate up to 60 minutes a day of exam study, revision, updating notes and I've created a timetable but I'm a little unsure which to prioritise first and find it difficult to study normally.

Because of the above happening, I feel my energy for studying, getting assignments is quite low because I've been going to bed late 50% of the time but the other 50%, I don't and I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on my laptop and always, I legit mean always, get distracted my YouTube and what not because I want to have a break and it either extends to hours on end or my brain gets a tune on loop and end up going on Logic Pro (an application for making/ composing music for those who don't know) to re-create it.

I just want holidays to start already...

Re: Feeling tired, resulting in getting distracted, procrastinating on University work

Hi @gisforgreatgoodness 

Sounds like you've got a lot on at uni at the moment! If I understand you, it looks like you're feeling tired and stressed out and can't quite seem to get in the right headspace for studying. I can definitely relate to this feeling! Sometimes the stress of needing to study can get in the way of actually studying!

You've taken some great first steps in making a timetable! Well done Smiley Happy Making a timetable can be really tricky too! As you mentioned, priorities aren't always clear. There are many ways to prioritise things and it just kind of depends on what you think is important. For me, I usually consider the due date of assignments and how much they are worth and try to commit that much time to it. For example, if an assignment is worth 15% of my mark, I dedicate 15% of my study time to it. Do you think something like this would work for you? What do you think is the most important thing to consider? 

Good luck on your assignments. You've made it through 10 weeks already so you can do this! Smiley Very Happy 

Re: Feeling tired, resulting in getting distracted, procrastinating on University work

Hey @gisforgreatgoodness how have you gone on the assignment today?

Hello, apologies for the very late reply but I succeeded on the assignment and got a distinction. Speaking of assignments though, I found out I've got an assignment due in 6 days time I had no idea about but luckily, this one seems a bit easier and actually quite similar!

Cheers and all the best

Hi @gisforgreatgoodness ,

Nice work! That's great that you feel more prepared for the assignment due tomorrow - good luck with it, I hope it's going well Smiley Happy