cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: From 'Boyfriend' to "friends". How to deal with mutual breakup?

The no contact is pretty much final, there are some cases where people talk again but yeah that depends on the nature the two people. I think there are other people out there for you. You're young and there are sooooooooo many people out in the world you haven't met yet. There are others who you might find that are more suited to you and are a better match etc. The most common mistakes young couples make (no offence to all those young couples out there) is that they think they find the 'one' with the first person they. I went through that exact mistake with my first relationship. 

General time frame...I don't know. I can only speak from my experience. My ex stopped talking to me so was forced into the no contact route. I think I completely forgot about her after a year? Now it's been 2 years and we've started talking again. Honestly I don't feel any hurt or pain when talking to her now so I guess in the end it worked out pretty nicely. Yes the first few months was a bitch lol, struggle city. So don't feel silly, it's only been 4 months, emotions are still raw. Plus your first love is going to hurt the most and leave the greatest impact. 

Life is all about choices ain't it? We hope and pray we pick the right one. Heart break and struggle is inevitable after a breakup (unless you didn't give a damn about the other person lol).

Thank you @mrmusic. I'll think about it.

@LittlePanda @_daisy Please keep us updated Smiley Happy Heart

Thank you very much @_daisy. I understand when you said that sometimes you wished your BF to be awful. Coincidentally, that fleeting thought comes to me too. I've tried thinking bad about my BF now and then. But it was not the way to deal with the situation. And soon I realize that, someday when everything becomes memories, I will feel happy and thankful coz I was with that man, and a period of my life had him in it. I know he wont disappear but account for a spot in my heart and my mind. I really happy you've found and tried on things you love and shift your concentration on. It's like getting positive energy from you knowing that and it's very helpful. Actually I am now still in recluse mode, but my fight against the inner of myself keeps going. Hope the strong version of me win. Maybe none of us is prepared to suffer from this, but Thank you again, @_daisy, for becoming my company on this growing-up-from-pain journey.

Thankyou @T4ils I think I am slowly coming out of the woods. Its hard, it has felt like an eternity at times, but i think its better this way,  just trying to move forwards at all times..

Thanks for your encouraging words @LeoTheLion. It really helps speaking with others who have been through similar experiences.. I need to hear more words like that. There are definitely so many peopl  i havent met yet.. Its easy for me to get stuck to one person, I have a strong loyalty in me that makes it difficult for me to move on even when I see its for the best.

Its easy to feel like you can waste years of your life going through unsuccessful relationships and the neccessary time needed to get over them. Makes me think its better being single. But I don't want to be alone either. I know I have grown a lot as a person and learnt a lot of life lessons etc..which makes it worth it.

Lol. I definitely gave a damn. Which is why it hurt so much.. and why its taking so long. Its hard to know how to handle yourself after a breakup... thankyou for sharing your experience, it means a lot.

Thankyou @LittlePanda. I thought it would make things easier but it doesnt,  like you said its not the way to deal with it. I have definitely reached a point at least where I am just so happy I had that experience and the happy memories. I still feel tinges of sadness when I look back but its slowly becoming more joy at the good times had. I have also grown as a person and learnt life lessons which I never would have if I hadn't met him. I dont have any regrets, only that our time together was so short. Sometimes  feel like it was all a dream, like it didnt even happen. But it did. It was so real l. You don't just forget do you...

Thankyou for consoling me by sharing your similar story @LittlePanda will always appreciate it. Going through these things really makes us stronger people.. and I hink it helps us empathise with those around us as well, who will be in our lives forever. Its a slow process picking ourselves up from the ground. Be strong and have faith, we'll get there in the end i do hope.

Beautiful words @_daisy Heart