cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Getting Worse

I feel like my depression and anxiety is getting worse. It started getting better but it just plummeted. It's a struggle just to get out of bed and speak to my parents. This time it's different though, it's like I can't feel anything, like I'm going numb. It feels like I built more walls up too. Is this meant to happen while getting better?

Re: Getting Worse

Hey @Tammy6879, I am sorry to hear you're feeling worse. It sounds like you're going through a bit of disassociation. On the journey to recovery a lot can come to the surface, it's sort of like the body and mind numbs out to give yourself a break from it all. The bed thing can be incredibly frustrating. Have you spoken to your counsellor/psych about the disconnection you are experiencing? You are definitely not alone - I will tag some of the crew too Smiley Happy 

@scared01 @mrmusic @Bee @ErinsAntics @N1ghtW1ng

The counsellor knows but she just kind of pitied me. The teachers are trying to know but I don't even know what the emotions are called. I feel like I can't trust them or even speak to them.

Hi @Tammy6879
I'm really sorry to hear that you've been going through that Smiley Sad
You described feeling numb, is that as though your emotions and feelings are blunted?
Is there anyone else that you trust that you could talk to about this?
Please keep us updated, here for you Heart

I don't trust anyone due to past. 
They're just blunted. To the point I can barely feel it.

I see @Tammy6879,
You mentioned speaking to a counsellor, would you say you trust them?

@Tammy6879
Do you know if anything has happened recently to trigger this change?

Hey @Tammy6879

I'm sorry to hear that your mood has been down lately. It must be really hard on you. Depression is like a roller-coaster. The ups doesn't necessarily mean you feel happy, it just can be the times when you're not feeling sad and the downs are downs. 

This might be a really low down cycle but if it lasts more than a few weeks then definitely follow it up. Just know that this can be normal, I have experienced personally. Doing fine and then suddenly I would feel like shit, not necessarily a relapse but an empty and negative feeling.

@LeoTheLion has given a really good description, thank you for sharing @LeoTheLion

Do you relate to the description @Tammy6879 ?

Hi @Tammy6879 im sorry to hear your having a hard time atm. 

Everyone has given some great advice here. 

Im here for you too and more than happy to support you through this journey

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 179 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors