cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going Sober

Ive had a fairly bad drug problem for the last 2 years and i am trying to go clean. Is there any advice that could help?

Re: Going Sober

Hi @anon_525252, welcome to the forums! 

I personally don't have much experience here, so I can't give much advice, but I think there are a few others here who might be able to help you with that.

One other thing that you might find useful is an online counselling website for people affected by drug and alcohol issues.

If that's something you're interested in, the link to their website is here:

https://www.counsellingonline.org.au/

Highlighted

Hey @anon_525252 and thanks for reaching out on the forums. First of all, I want to say well done for recognizing that drugs have become a problem for you, and for seeking help. It can be a really tough thing to do.

I'm wondering if you've ever spoken to a mental health professional about this, and if not, is that something you'd consider?

Looking forward to hearing from you! Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hi @anon_525252! Welcome to the forums!

I think it's really great that you want to change your drug habits. Addiction can be really hard to beat, but you are capable of getting through it. I think that by posting on here, you've already taken the first step. Heart

If you contact a helpline or your GP, they might be able to recommend services in your local area. Here is a list of helplines for drug use in each state.
I think it would be a good idea to contact a professional or a service before you decide to limit your use. Going cold turkey can be dangerous.
BeyondBlue has a helpful article with a lot of self-help tips and suggestions here.
This tool can also provide suggestions about what to do depending on which drugs you use and your habits.