cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Going back to school and being around ex

Hi All,

I’m just hoping for some advice about going back to school and being around my ex boyfriend. Okay so we broke up close to the end of the school year and I was really upset by the whole thing becuase he just stoped talking to me and gave me no reason or explanation about why. I am quite good friends with his sister and so I asked her what was up and she had no explination either all she said was “I thought you guys were so happy together”. And so did I. I waited about 2 months and tried to talk to him before I decided to give up and stop trying. For a long time I was really upset because I had no explanation about why he was ignoring I just came up with reasons which was not good. I started thinking things like did he ever love me, was there someone else, did I do something wrong all I wanted was an answer so I could put my mind to rest but I never got one. 

It is are really awkward between us now and he will do anything to avoid me it is all very strange. I’m just worried about going back to school and having to see him again after such a long time that all those feelings will come back. At this moment in time I am really enjoying life and don’t think about him everyday and I have been able to sleep again but I’m worried that it will change when school starts back and I have to see him everyday.

I don’t know if I will able to cope if I end up in his class. Any advice?

Thanks 

Icecream1

Highlighted

Re: Going back to school and being around ex

Hi @Icecream1, Welcome to ReachOut!

I'm really sorry that he broke up with you without giving you any explanation. However, I can guarantee that you deserve better than to be with someone who would break up with you like that. 

It is really great to hear that you are moving forward and getting past this, seeing him again at school might be a little difficult at first but it definitely gets easier each day. What are you enjoying about your life at the moment?

Highlighted

Hi @Sarah7714

I enjoy playing water polo and dancing but they have stoped over the holidays so I am trying to find something to distract me. Do you have any ideas?

Icecream1

@Icecream1 my main methods of distraction usually involves running, baking or reading. Reading is definitely one of the better methods because I get so concerned about the character's problems that I forget my own. Do you read much? Or are there any other sports you could do over the summer? 

Highlighted

@Sarah7714 I don’t usually read much but I guess it could work. My parents are to busy for me to take up another sporting activity... so I might just try to read abit more.

Icecream1

Highlighted

I do play cricket and that goes all through the summer holidays but I don’t really enjoy it that much anymore because I don’t really like the coach I have at the moment. I use to have a good coach who cared about all of the players but he has stoped coaching us. 🙁

Highlighted

@Icecream1 do you have a library near you? Reading can be an incredibly rewarding and affordable distraction which I'm sure @letitgo would happily be able to talk to you about.

What don't you like about your current coach?

Highlighted

@Sarah7714 um I do have a library close but on my iPad I also have a school library for eBooks so I usually get books of there. But I find it hard to get started once I get past the first few chapters i enjoy it but I always find the first few chapters quite boring so I just give up. I know i shouldn’t... 

I just feel like my current coach doesn’t give everyone a fair go, like when we are training in the nets he will give some of the girls an hour each in the nets and others like only 10 minutes so we don’t all get the opportunity to improve as much as some. I have talked to some of the older team mates who have spoken to him and things got better when they were around but went back to how they used to be when they aren’t their.

Icecream1

Highlighted

@Icecream1 oh even better! what kind of books do you usually read?

Is there any possibility of you being able to talk to him about it? 

Highlighted

@Sarah7714 I don’t really feel comfortable talking to him but I’m not the only one who feels this way so I guess if I went with some of the other girls we could try talk to him all together. 

I like to read a few differnt books like the selection series, everything everything, a dog purpose and the girl in the blue coat.

Icecream1