cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Guilt

So I did something incredibly stupid a few months ago that cost my parents so much, It was an incredibly stupid thing to do that became one the worst mistakes of my teen years. Ever since then Ive tried better, better friendships, I started driving more responsibly and I started feeling so much better, I have been feeling good. Today, I was driving with my friend in the car. The radio was down, my phone in my bag, we weren't talking she was directing me. I was doing the speed limit. I had to turn right and the light was green so I checked there was no cars coming and went. As I turned however a car appeared and neither one of us could stop in time so I hit them. I was so frustrated because I thought I did everything right and yet this still happens as yet another stupid mistake of mine and now I can't help but feel so guilty and like I'm still a big failure to them and myself. No matter how I tried to 'do better' No one was hurt, his light broke Bu I'm worried mines a write off, and my parents only bought it a few months ago.

Highlighted

Guilt

So I did something incredibly stupid a few months ago that cost my parents so much, It was an incredibly stupid thing to do that became one the worst mistakes of my teen years. Ever since then Ive tried better, better friendships, I started driving more responsibly and I started feeling so much better, I have been feeling good. Today, I was driving with my friend in the car. The radio was down, my phone in my bag, we weren't talking she was directing me. I was doing the speed limit. I had to turn right and the light was green so I checked there was no cars coming and went. As I turned however a car appeared and neither one of us could stop in time so I hit them. I was so frustrated because I thought I did everything right and yet this still happens as yet another stupid mistake of mine and now I can't help but feel so guilty and like I'm still a big failure to them and myself. No matter how I tried to 'do better' No one was hurt, his light broke Bu I'm worried mines a write off, and my parents only bought it a few months ago.

Highlighted

Guilt

Highlighted

Re: Guilt

Hi @MarianGC, you cant blame yourself for this. If you checked and saw that it was clear than you are not at fault. The other person could of simply been speeding or not realise you were there. As long as your safe that is the most important thing Smiley Happy Are you more worried about what your parents are going to say about the car? or about having the crash? 

Highlighted

@MarianGC It sounds like you're really worried about the situation. Having a collision on the roads can be pretty scary, even if the damage is minor and no one is hurt. Are you feeling okay after it?
In regards to the car, if it is a write-off, I'm sure your parents are grateful that you are safe. It comes down to the fact the car can be replaced and you cannot.
I know that it can be pretty overwhelming and it sounds like it's taking a toll on you. Is there something you can do to help you relax a little until you figure out how things will pan out?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

hellohello @MarianGC and welcome to RO!

what happened wasnt your fault! it was an accident and you did everything you couldve done right and the people who were with you should recognise that

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

@MarianGC Hey, thank you for sharing this with us. First off, I'm glad that no one was hurt! Cars/the road can be such an unpredictable thing and I totally understand how other vehicles can seem to have appeared out of nowhere, and I get the sense that this would be really difficult for you given how you've been feeling much better lately.

Have you heard anything about your car in the last few days? I hope they'll be able to save it!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

Hi letitfo, thankyou for the well wishes we are both fine luckily and so is he there's no damage to us. Unfortunately it was a write off but its all covered. I'm just worried emotionally now, my confidence has taken a bit of a plummet. Even with driving, I feel uneasy about driving. I haven't been since the other day

Highlighted

Oh dear @MarianGC I am so sorry to hear that this happened. Seems like it's really important to do the right thing for your family and that you care about them a lot and that stuffing up feels pretty rough because of that. Sounds like this accident has been stressful and bought up a lot of feelings from what happened before. How're things now? How're you feeling? 

Highlighted

More worried about the implications or the fall out. I also have exams next week so its not the best timing

@Anna-RO wrote:

Hi @MarianGC, you cant blame yourself for this. If you checked and saw that it was clear than you are not at fault. The other person could of simply been speeding or not realise you were there. As long as your safe that is the most important thing Smiley Happy Are you more worried about what your parents are going to say about the car? or about having the crash?