cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hard moving on

Hi fam, i need help, my boyfriend broke up with me, complaining of distance. After the break up, he came back wanting to fix things but i said No, cause he told me there was another girl. I felt betrayed and lied too.  Its been a year now, and not a single day passes that i don't think of him. I need to get him out of my mind. Any help please... 

Highlighted

Re: Hard moving on

Hi @AmaBella, thanks for telling us about how you're feeling. I remember with one of my last break-ups I didn't like telling anyone that I was still not over him when it had been a year, even though I was still very much not over him. So I appreciate that none of this is pleasant for you.

When you think of him what are you thinking about? Is it the feelings of betrayal and about him lying, or is it about missing him, or something else?
Highlighted

Hi @AmaBella, I've been in your situation before (LDR causing problems/break-up), and I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble after the break-up. If you're still in touch with him, I think it would be a good idea to completely cease contact for a while to clear your head. 

If you aren't, I think that's a good start. I've found this Breakup Recovery Guide really helpful in coming to terms with my own-break ups and it's really thorough, so I hope you might be able to get some use from it too.

Highlighted

Thanks so much @Birdeye. Sometimes i miss him and i want him back. But when i think of the lies and betrayal, it makes me just hate him. I feel betrayed...

Highlighted

Thank you @DirtWitch am really not in contact with him, although once in a while, he drops msgs to see how am doing. Have really tried moving on, got into another relationship to see if it would help out, it didn't help. Cant bring myself to love another. Had to quit to be alone. 

Ill check out the material you recomended. Thanks

Highlighted

Hey @AmaBella. I've never been in a relationship so I can't really give any advice there but I just wanted to jump in and say that I'm thinking of you!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hi @letitgo thank you.