cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Having a parent with mental illness

That sounds like a tough thing to hear @j95, you're right when you say it doesn't make things better. I hope you're doing well.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thank you so much for sharing that with us @j95. I hope this thread can be of some help to you, and at the very least a reminder that you're not in this alone.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thanks @letitgo she has never been well my whole life but that doesn't really make things any better
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Sending you heaps of support now and always @j95

I'm reviving this thread because I've been thinking a lot about mum's illness lately and how it's impacted me, and my siblings... I don't know, it feels important even to acknowledge that. And to acknowledge that my feelings matter and I was hurt by how she acted, even if mum herself will always struggle to acknowledge that...

Highlighted

You are a strong beautiful soul @letitgo thank you for sharing, we acknowledge it alongside you Smiley Happy

@letitgo, yes! It super important to be able to acknowledge that and that it's okay to acknowledge that. Most of us here know what it's like to be mentally ill, and just like how other people can hold us accountable for what we do to them, we can hold others accountable for what has happened to us by them.