cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tay

Headspace

I am just wondering if anybody had delt with headspace or know much about them? and what to expect

I am due for my first appointment there today with a doctor and then another lady after. I am very very scared and i am just wondering if anybody can give me insite as to what i might be expecting. I know its a one stop shop for young people and they have acess to all sorts of resourses. 

thank you in advance.

Highlighted

Re: Headspace

Hey Tay,

Sorry, but I haven't had any experience with them - I know a few people who have though and I've heard some very positive things about them. Smiley Happy

They are VERY youth friendly, which I think is great. It's not going to have that "feel" of going to a doctor and feeling as though they think you are stupid because you are young. They deal with young people every day and know that they are pretty amazing and know exactly how they want to be treated.

I'd really recommend being honest with the doctor and the other lady... Telling them what you are there for and explaining what you hope to get out of going to the appointment.

Let us know how it goes! I will be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes. Smiley Happy

MM.
tay

Thanks MM

my experience was great with headspace everybody was really friendly to me and very kind about my anxiety as it was very very high when I got there. 

The doctor was so friendly and kind to me I couldn't believe it, she has organized a  referral for me to see a psychiatrist for now and then once my medication has been settled and organized headspace will then pick me up and send me to a normal psychologist. 

I had a really positive experience and felt very welcomed and safe there. I am glad I went, no matter how bad my anxiety was for the day in the end it was all worth it. I would highly recommend them to my friends or anybody who needed them.

This post made me smile so much, Tay!

Well done for going, even when your anxiety was
high! And I am SO glad it went well. Smiley Happy

Definitely makes me feel more confident in referring other young people to headspace now! Smiley Happy

I'm so happy for you. Smiley Happy
I hope you have done something kind to yourself tonight as a reward for going to the appointment. Smiley Happy

Hi Tay,

Really, really glad and good to hear that you have had a positive experience with headspace! Sounds like things were done very smoothly and that they were great and youth friendly, which is good!

Hopefully your experiences will encourage others to seek help too Smiley Happy

tay I just wanted to say thanks for coming back and sharing your experience. People often read the forums here (and threads they can relate to) but can be a bit hesitant to post, so it's awesome that they got to read about your experience - I'm sure this post will help a lot of people - cheers!