cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hearbroken

I’ve been so down and hurt after talking to a girl I liked. We were talking for 2 months and everything was going great and she would always text me first and everything. I was actually becoming happy thinking I found someone I could actually be with that I got along with great. From one day to another she didn’t text me and told me that she was feeling emotional drained and that she wasn’t ready for a serious relationship. I told her I respected it and left it at that.  She same by 3 days ago to talk and we had a great conversation and she seemed a bit sad but she explained that it wasn’t someone else and it has nothing to do with me either... I just wish I can fix things make it back to normal and actually show her that I’m willing to do whatever to be with her Smiley Sad what should I do 

Highlighted

Re: Hearbroken

Hi @Justinrod333, thanks for sharing with us how you're feeling Heart It must be very confusing and upsetting what you're going through, not knowing where you stand with someone you care about. 

It sounds like you have already been doing all the right things - respecting the space and time that she has asked for! However, I understand the need for your own clarity and the want to express how you feel. Do you just talk with this girl online or do you see her in person too? Perhaps you could better explain how you're feeling in person? or write a letter and give it to her if its easier to write your feelings down?

Regardless, it sounds like you have been very respectful and patient with her and I'm sure that is already showing her how much she means to you!!

Highlighted

Yes I see her in person but not anymore since what happened.. it hurts because at the beginning I honestly didn’t really like her until halfway into talking is when I started falling. All my family keeps telling me to move on.. but it’s just devastating cause I was so happy and saw a future together Smiley Sad

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted

ah that's always the way isn't it Smiley Sad I'm sorry to hear how devastated you are - I completely understand and it just feels shit!! It's tough when someone isn't on the same wave length as us anymore and trying to get use to a new pattern of life without them is very difficult. But there are so many more wonderful things awaiting you! Smiley Happy Whats something you LOVE doing?? maybe try and do this thing more often than you usually would at the moment!

I know you weren't "in a relationship" with this girl, but you still were very important to each other and you invested your time and feelings into something that was going well, that now appears to be over or changed, so I also would take a look at this link if you have time:

https://au.reachout.com/articles/coping-with-a-breakup
Its a RO article about coping with a break-up that has great suggestions for helping distract you from your heart ache. 
Take care Heart we are always here to chat at anytime if you need! 

Highlighted

Hey @Justinrod333 - aw, things like this are so hard to deal with aren't they Smiley Sad. Unfortunately, it one of those things we all have to deal with. It sounds like you handled it very maturely, which is great!

@Jane_Rose  shared some really great points, and I encourage you to give the article a read.

I'm also glad to hear that you've spoken to your parents about what's happening. Having their support would be of benefit. They're telling you to move on from her - what do you think about that?

I also noticed that you're from overseas. This is Australian-based service as mentioned in our Community Guidelines, so at some point I'm going to have to deactivate your account. I thought I'd leave it active for the next 24 hours so that you can receive some community support. 

Once your account is deactivated, you will still be able to access to our forum as a guest, as well as articles on our website - but remember that the linked services might not be accessible to you in your country. I've linked you a list services that we have created for international users like yourself here.

Highlighted

Hi @Justinrod333!

I'm really sorry that this girl has been giving you some mixed messages and doesn't want to be in a relationship with you. Smiley Sad Losing someone we enjoyed spending time with can be so hurtful. I hope that the pain of rejection will lessen in time and that you can start to feel more like yourself.
What have you been doing to cope with this? Are there any things you can do to care for yourself during this time?
We have a list of coping strategies here and some articles about self-care if you need some ideas.

Highlighted

Hey man I think you should start off with telling her how you feel it’s not everyday we find someone like you’ve described tell her you are willing to do anything for her and be there for her. Be a gentleman buy her flowers show you are willing to love her and you’re ready to write a future with her, but if she’s still not ready that’s okay you still have her you just have to take it slow and wait. Waiting can be difficult but dont feed into temptation of other girls, you want her and you will wait for her if you actually like her this much. If you want something never give up.