cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Help for food and eating issues

i like grilled cheese sandwiches Smiley Happy

@blobby they're great! I was craving one a couple of nights ago but there was no cheese... 

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf it's always sad when there is no cheese haha

i had one with an english muffin today which was really good, but I like having them with white bread as well Smiley Happy

@blobby it was heartbreaking... Smiley Tongue

And ooh... that's a good idea.

@Tiny_leaf such a great thread idea!

I really dislike eating in the morning so i try to life hack myself by having smoothies that i can just chug really quickly to get going in the morning! Bonus that this gets fruit ticked off the list, if you're like me and forget Smiley LOL

I also really like to cook a pot of something vegetable heavy that can be lunch/dinner for a couple of days, and that ticks off lots of nutrients at once e.g. something with lentils/beans, tomato, onion, shredded chicken/tuna, whatever other veggies are close at hand, so there's lots of good vitamins, protein, and iron there Smiley Very Happy

Most of these you can buy frozen too or canned, which is handy when you realise it's been a bit of a while since you last ate anything green Smiley Happy They store well so they're just in the cupboard ready to go! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@blobbyI love grilled cheese sandwiches! We have a sandwich maker and we've made lots of different types of sandwiches with it.

@WheresMySquishy what are your favorite ones?

@Tiny_leaf  Sorry for the late reply! I love jaffles with baked beans, Vegemite sandwiches, tomato and cheese sandwiches, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, cream cheese sandwiches, sandwiches with a smoked salmon spread, sandwiches with pesto and cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches! I like to experiment with lots of different types of cheeses.

I just found this really cool website which I think should be fitting for this thread: https://www.supercook.com/
It lets you enter the ingredients you have on hand and it will suggest a recipe.

@WheresMySquishy I need to look at that website now... thanks for mentioning it!!

And what are jaffles sorry..? Was it meant to be "waffles" or am I missing a new food? And grilled cheese sandwiches are great! I have to have a really specific craving before I'll eat them for some reason though... 

@Tiny_leafJaffles are like toasties or paninis. They're toasted sandwiches. Wonder how they came up with that word...

I feel the same about grilled cheese sandwiches! I haven't eaten one in ages.