cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don’t know what I’m feeling

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel anxious, depressed, angry, scared, sad, happy, and nervous all at the same time?

well that’s me today

im so emotional

im a nervous wreck

i don’t know what’s gotten to me

I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression 2 years ago, but to feel them at the same time along with five other emotions is really weird. 

Im crying non stop

today at school people were saying crap about me because I came into class just after crying so my face was red and my eyes were puffy and watery.

i feel like I’m being pulled under water by all these emotions tied onto big chains tied to my feet. Idk what to do?

i feel embarrassed to talk to someone about what is going on for me but I feel like I’m getting worse every day I don’t speak to someone

what should I do? 

Re: I don’t know what I’m feeling

Hi @Jesssister2001
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling this way Smiley Sad

Is there anything that's happened recently that's triggered these feelings?
The fact that you posted here is a great first step.
You mentioned feeling embarrassed to talk to someone about this, would speaking to a counsellor or psychologist be something that you would consider?
Please keep us updated Heart

I want to talk to someone but I don’t know how to bring up the subject I don’t know how to talk to someone

@Jesssister2001 talking about it can feel really hard at times especially when we aren't used to doing so.
Sometimes even just acknowledging that you aren't sure how to talk about with a health professional can help them ask questions to allow you to open up.
What worked really well for me is writting down what I wanted to tell and talk about with the health professional. This helped me get past the fear of opening up.

Would writting things down be useful for you?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Idk, maybe, I am a hobby writer so?? Yea maybe. I’m just not confident and very awkward I remember at my primary school I was sent to the school counsellor, I didn’t say anything at all and they were like “just hurry up and speak already or leave!” I just ran out and cried in the bathrooms for the rest of that period and lunch time. It was quite traumatic. I think that’s the reason I have such a hard time opening up.

@Jesssister2001 reading that experience pulled at my heart strings ❤ I'm sorry to hear about that experience. It is understandable that it would make it hard to open up after that experience 🙂

How do you think it would feel to write how you feel as if you'd share it with a professional?
(No pressure Smiley Happy )

What exactly do you mean?
Like writing as if I was talking to a professional like a conversation or just what I would say or just exactly how I’m feeling?

That's a good idea @Bee of writing it down - I think it was meant in terms of as if you were going to read it or give it to your psychologist (but might not necessarily). 

Sometimes people find writing "unsent" letters helpful - writing a letter to someone, but never actually showing or sending it to them. 

What do you think @Jesssister2001

What @gina-RO said is exactly what I was thinking Smiley Happy
So writing a letter based upon what I was feeling in a way that I would give it to a professional.
Sometimes there was a difference between what I felt and what I wanted to say.

For me, I found the idea of writing the letter (regardless of if I showed them or not) was helpful for me in terms of figuring out exactly what I was feeling / needing help with.

Hey @Jesssister2001 how are you feeling now?  We're here Smiley Happy Heart