cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel so lost, I don’t know who I am

I am struggling so bad at the moment and I don’t know what to do anymore to make it better. I feel like I’m reaching the end of my rope.

Re: I feel so lost, I don’t know who I am

Hey there @AmaraLilee this sounds super tough. Do you want to tell us a bit more about what you're going through? You're feeling like you don't know who you are, for how long has this feeling been present? Here to listen Heart

Hey @AmaraLilee, welcome to RO Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment, it sounds like you're feeling really overwhelmed and not sure how to cope anymore. Have you been able to talk to anyone about what you're going through? Perhaps someone you trust, or even a professional like a psychologist or counsellor.

If you feel like you need a support service to talk to you can contact Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800) or Lifeline (13 11 14). They can help you out, especially if you feel like you might harm yourself.

Hi @AmaraLilee. You should definitely call a hotline that the other members suggested. It really makes a difference talking to someone. 

What exactly is happening? It sounds very distressing and difficult right now. Is there anything that helps you calm down or relax a little?

It’s been like this as long as I can remember, I have a lot of mental health issues and I haven’t been on my medication for a long time. I feel like it stops me thinking and I can’t deal with feeling like I can’t think in my own head so I stopped taking them. Whenever I look in the mirror I don’t recognise my self, I feel like what I see in the mirror is different to what I see in photos and it’s really getting to me cause I don’t know how I look. I feel like I’m ugly but I can’t tell cause I never see the same thing. I’m so over it. I used to do drugs really bad, did it the first time when I was young and I’ve been clean from some drugs for nearly a year now but I can’t stop others and I’m just struggling. I just feel like I don’t know anything, I don’t know myself or what I’m meant to do I can’t cope anymore, wasn’t able to go to work today cause I can’t deal with angthing

Hi @AmaraLilee,

It sounds like you have been through some tough experiences and it is really brave of you to share them with the ReachOut community. I have just had to edit a little bit of your post to meet our guidelines (you can find them here). We are here to lend an ear and support you Heart

You mentioned that you have accessed mental health support  in the past.  As @safari93 has asked, are you currently seeing any mental health professionals for support like a counsellor, psychiatrist or GP? Is there anyone in your life that you trust and feel comfortable to talk to about how you are feeling? The Kids Helpline(1800 55 1800) and Lifeline (13 11 14) numbers posted by other members can be really helpful if you feel like speaking to someone about how you are feeling.

You also said you have stopped taking medication. While we can't give advise about medication, I can understand that this has been a difficult experience for you and it may be helpful to speak to a doctor or health professional.

I'm hearing that struggling with how you see yourself has been really upsetting too. This is a feeling that many ReachOut community members can also relate to. Has this been a new feeling for you or something you have felt for a while?

There are some helpful links on the Reachout website about body image here. There is also an app called Next Step (here) that will give you some options for support. 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here
Highlighted

I have been struggling with it since I was about 12, I have had issues with body image since I was a kid but it got bad at 12, no I’m not seeing anyone, I stopped going to everything the end of last year

Hey @AmaraLilee I can hear how difficult things have been for you Smiley Sad It takes courage to seek help and I'm so glad you've come onto ReachOut for some support.

Was there any reasons that you decided to stop going to everything at the end of last year?

It just got hard, I struggle going to things in public and I only ever really go out to go to work, I didn’t even go to uni last semester when I was suppose to I am taking more days off work than not and I just don’t know what to do. I get anxiety when I go out cause I feel gross and ugly and I don’t want people to see that

Hey @AmaraLilee, it's super hard dealing with the levels of anxiety you are up against. Well done on reaching out here and talking to us. It sounds like you are surrendering heaps of power to this feeling of un-attractiveness. What makes you feel you are unattractive? Do you feel it's a symptom of your anxiety or something you genuinely believe? We're here to listen Heart