cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I feel so lost, I don’t know who I am

I believe it, I am ugly it’s just the way it is and I don’t like myself I tried to but it didn’t work. I actually hate myself tbh I hate my whole life aha

Feeling down about yourself can be really hard and exhausting, and I can feel from your posts that you have been feeling a lot of pain. When you are experiencing these thoughts, are there any helpful strategies that can help to get through the moment? Do you have any favourite hobbies or movies you enjoy?

You mentioned in an earlier post that you have a job. What do you do for work? 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

I feel like I have always felt and thought like this, I can’t remember ever liking myself even as a kid. I just feel like I’m nothing. I try to distract myself but I always end up back here. I work in the city with a friend she got me a job when I got off ICE but I haven’t gone this week I can’t bring myself to go out tbh

self-loathing is undoubtedly a really tough thing to live with and I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with it @AmaraLilee. You mentioned that you work with a friend. Someone once suggested to me that I could try speaking to myself the way I would speak to a friend, with the same kindness - do you think that's something you could try?

Do you enjoy your job?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@AmaraLilee Sounds like a lot has been going on for you recently, and it sounds very difficult to manage and cope with. You've gotten some awesome responses from the other mods and users.

Reading your post above where you said you believe you are ugly and don't like yourself, got me wondering about ways we can build up your self love for yourself?
I'm a big believer in self-care. It doesn't solve anything but it is something nice you can do for you to take a break from all the negative stuff that's inside your head. Have you done anything nice for yourself recently?

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart