cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm Stuck!

I am really stuck.

I will be returning to adult school this year, after having a year off due to mental health problems. I started my journey to obtain my certificate of education back in 2016, where I commenced Year 11, and have been doing Year 11 since, as there were/are so many subjects that I obtain/obtained an interest in completing. I am considering in doing Year 11 again this year as I want to ease back into school (after the year I had, being admitted to the mental hospital three times and being mentally and physically drained from all that I went through) instead of getting right into Year 12 as of yet. I will do Year 12 one day, hopefully next year, I just do not think that it is wise of me to get back to school and get right into Year 12 and stress myself out. I hope all this makes sense because it doesnt seem to with me. 

Re: I'm Stuck!

Hey @goldilocks 

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling stuck. It's so hard when you have to make decisions about your direction with education. In saying that, it sounds like you've been able to think through what is best for you at this time, which is the most important thing. How are you feeling about going back to adult school? 

It's such a strength to put your well-being first and you have done that really well. What subjects did you enjoy/are looking forward to learning about again? 

Highlighted

I’m so sorry that you are feeling stuck @goldilocks Smiley Sad when we feel this way it helps if we are taking care of ourselves! Self care is so important during these times Smiley Happy
It’s ok if you don’t complete year 12! Lots of people drop out before then and that’s perfectly fine unless you are planning to go further with your studying. My brother didn’t even start college as he got an apprenticeship! Do you think that could be something you can look into if you continue to struggle with completing year 12?
I imagine this situation would be so stressful!
Hope you’re feeling better today Heart be kind to yourself
Highlighted

Hi @Bananatime04,

I have decided not to begin Year 12. It was hard to make a decision. In fact, I am still stuck as to whether or not I want to finish my schooling and I am also stuck as to whether or not I want to get an ATAR. I would like to work and gain financial independence from my parents, but the problem is that I sleep ALL day long. I struggle to get out of bed in general. I really do not do much with myself, not as much as I should be doing. 

Congratulations to your brother!

Highlighted

Hi @goldilocks,

I don't think you're alone with struggling with school, particularly towards the later years where the pressure is immense. I'm concerned that you said you're sleeping all day and aren't able to get out of bed, have you talked to anyone about this like a GP or psychologist? I know it's hard to face the world when we're feeling so overwhelmedSmiley Sad

Tom

Highlighted

Hi @TOM-RO,

I understand that you are feeling concerned about the fact that I sleep all day as I am concerned about this too. I have spoken with professionals about my sleeping patterns, but I feel that there is not much that they can do about this.