cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm about to graduate primary school but i keep getting bullied! Will this go on in secondary school

I have a bunch of friends but mostof them keep bullying me. I feel left out. I only have 2 which i am actually close to but they are always with the 5 that bully me.

At one point I was dating one of the bully's but he became an abusive jerk. The ex boyfriend keeps abusing meeven though we were over ages ago.

Re: I'm about to graduate primary school but i keep getting bullied! Will this go on in secondary sc

Hey @Indigo34556 this sounds like a really tough situation. It must be very hurtful to get bullied within your own friendship group.   Have you spoken to a parent or teacher about this? Even though it can be scary telling our family about being bullied it can also be very helpful to get it off our chest and maybe even find a way to fix the problem. Do you think you would be comfortable doing that?

Most of the users on the RO forums are a little bit older, but I am sure they can still provide you with some suggestions from when they first left Primary and moved into High School Smiley Happy   I personally found high school very different to primary - it's a new start! 

If you would like some help from people who know a lot about the struggles young people face you can also check out Kids Helpline's awesome online chat here   as well as the e-headspace chat service perfect for 12+ year olds! 

Re: I'm about to graduate primary school but i keep getting bullied! Will this go on in secondary sc

Thank you! I have spoken to my parents and my teachers but it still constantly goes on Woman Sad

@Indigo34556 That sounds very hard and frustrating!     You should check out this ReachOut article it also has some good tips for dealing with bullies.  

Also are your friends going to the same high school as you? Or will that be a totally new experience?

Only the abusive ex is

@Indigo34556 I just want to check - when you say abusive, is this emotional or physical? Do you feel safe in general?

both emotional and physical. he tries to put me down and make me feel like i'm hopeless. i'm starting to believe him

Hi @Indigo34556 Sounds like you're experiencing some really horrible stuff and I'm really feeling for you! I wasn't bullied in primary school but I was bullied in secondary school by my own friendship group, so I can kind of relate to your situation!

You mentioned that you have 2 friends that you're close to in the group. How close do you feel towards them? Just wondering whether you've spoken to either of them about how you feel?

In terms of your ex, you said that he is abusing you emotionally and physically - that sounds serious. Like @Bree-RO had already asked, do you feel safe right now?

------

To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world. x

Hey there @Indigo34556

It sounds super stressful what you are going through. It is a great that you have spoken to your parents and teachers about this. But if it gets worse it might be best to bring it up again and try and get something done about it? 

In terms of the bullying getting carried into high school, I think high school is a big changed. Kind of like a fresh start. And I moved to a completely different school from everybody in my primary school. Do you know if you will be going to the same or different high school as the others?

Just checking in to see how things are going. Are you excited to graduate from primary school?

hi @Indigo34556! i understand what you are going through. i am in year seven and i found it difficult to make friends on the first day. i just hung out with other girls my age from primary school and i was really good. i am having a few issues atm, but i am sorting them out. when ur around new people, take note of other people's actions- that way you'll know if someone is the right person to be friends with. soon after, maybe u could try finding a larger group of close/distant friends so u feel protected. if abusive behavior comes to u in high school u can report it, and depending on how bad it is, the police COULD get involved. please let us know how things r going...

us girls need to stick together!