cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm desperate for help!!!

Hi

I have bulimia and I've had it since March in 2013. I'm only 16 and I dropped out of school because I failed year 10, so I decided to do a tafe course which starts on Monday. I had my orientation for cert 3 in community services last week.... But a few weeks before I have been having suicidal thoughts and my bulimia is kind of getting worse... 

I think I just feel like there's too much pressure on me and my mum isn't helping by insulting me Smiley Sad

In total I just feel hopeless and worthless! I just feel it would be so much easier if I wasn't around or I'd just be asleep for a few weeks...

I don't want to die and I don't want bulimia!

Highlighted

Re: I'm desperate for help!!!

Hey @Becky 

I'm so sorry to hear how difficult things have been for you. It sounds like things are really full on at the moment. It's a really big event, starting a new course, and it's really normal to feel overwhelmed and underpressure. Add that to the difficulties from last year and feeling attacked and unsupported by your mum. It's absolutely no wonder that you feel like your back is against the wall and you've got almost no options.

I also think that by coming here and sharing your story on Reach Out, you're showing a huge amount of courage and resilience. It tells me that even though, at the moment, you feel like bulimia and suicide are your only way out, that you want something more. That you want something better for yourself. That you want to stay alive and get well and live a life of joy and happiness and contentment and pride. Which is absolutely what you deserve.

Here are the numbers to access immediate support. All three services have 24 hour phoneline support so you can call whenever you feel you need. It's really, really important that your safety is the number one priority so if you feel like you might be at risk of taking your life or hurting yourself, in any way, that you call 000.

Do you feel like you're in any immediate danger?

Highlighted

Hey Becky - how are you feeling today?

By the way, are you still seeing your psychologist? When is your next appointment with her/him? DO they know how you are feeling at the moment?

Remember to make use of Suicide Call Back Service if you need to.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Hey @Becky 

Even though you are going through a lot you really sound like a fighter and I can hear that you dont want to end your life or have this eating disorder, you are so strong and self aware for talking about this. It does sound like you have a lot of pressure right now and it doesnt sound very encouraging for your mum to be insulting you, does she know what you are going through? Is this pressure that you feel coming from TAFE or your mum or both? 

You are strong and your bravery shines through and because of this you will get through this and talking about it is a great first step.

Take care of yourself. 

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been replying.

I am feeling 100% safe

Highlighted

Hi Becky, I'm glad to hear that you're safe!

Have you ever checked out The Butterfly Foundation? They have some great support services specifically for people with eating disorders, as well education and support for family.