cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I'm just feeling anxious and alone

I'm sorry you didn't get an appointment @ApplesRoses, but well done for trying anyway. I know it must have taken a lot of courage. Heart
I think it's great that you're thinking of other ways you can talk to someone at headspace. It shows how resilient you are. Smiley Happy
I think that asking a supportive person to come with you is a great idea. I often ask my family members to come to my appointments and I've found it really beneficial as long as they're supportive and I'm okay with them sitting in.

Also, I finished Pokemon Sword last week! It took me 28 hours which was kind of short compared to all of the other Pokemon games I've played, but it was still good. I think it was a bit more challenging overall than the previous generation of games, which I liked.
Not a big fan of the post-game either. Hopefully they will release updates and DLC that will extend it.

Highlighted

Hey @WheresMySquishy @MB95 @Janine-RO @drpenguin 

I hope that's everyone. 

I hope y'all are doing well! Anyways, I just wanted to update y'all on how things are going and the booking of an appointment. To start off, the whole day has just been a bit of a lackluster to say the least. I've called headspace in the morning to book an appointment, they told me they would call back. They didn't, so I had to call back and later they called but I missed it. They told me to call back through voicemail. So I did, then they weren't picking up. So I called someone else from the staff and they told me that they would call me back in the next half hour. Which didn't happen at all, and no call back whatsoever.

I was just feeling a bit out of it today with my mental health, different thoughts are just really difficult to deal with. But at least soon I'll be able to talk about it with a professional. It's a bit annoying as I would've loved to chat sooner but tomorrow will have to be the day! I'm remaining optimistic and I've asked my sibling and their partner if they are able to walk in with me tomorrow. So fingers crossed! 

Also, @WheresMySquishy I took a longer than you did to complete the game. I really do agree with the statement you said about the post-game. In my opinion, it was really really bad when you compare it to last generation's post-game. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind me asking. Who's your favourite pokemon and do you have any shinies? 

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear today was difficult with trying to line something up and they didn't return your calls each time. Phone tag sucks, especially when you're trying to be proactive abour your mental health. I know for me it's hard enough to even make the call so when it doesn't work out right away it can be pretty deflating. But it sounds like you've got a great plan for tomorrow and aren't backing down till you see someone which I think is amazing! Keep up the awesome work, and as I said last time, please do keep us posted! ❤

Highlighted

That sounds pretty frustrating @ApplesRoses. Smiley Sad I hope that someone gets back to you eventually. Could it be that they are busy during particular times? If they say they cannot make an appointment at the moment, it could be worth asking when would be the best time to call back.
I'm glad that you're staying optimistic though. Smiley Happy

That's so true about the postgame. In particular, I wish there were more Pokemon to catch and more places to see after you finish the game. I feel that the game suffers due to the lack of legendary Pokemon. Like you, I remember spending a lot of time with the last generation's postgame. I think I prefer the Sun and Moon games to Sword and Shield overall, just due to the story and interesting post-game content.
I don't really have a favourite Pokemon because I tend to not stick with the same ones between games. But I definitely have starters that I prefer over others.
Munna has a special place in our hearts because it's my sister's favourite and she had a plush of it that she took everywhere. I was so excited when I found it again in the latest gen!
We had a few shinies in our other Pokemon games but have yet to find any in Sword and Shield. We can't really be bothered trying to encounter them. The ones we had were just from chance.

Highlighted

Hey @WheresMySquishy 

I find your family's story about the Munna plush really cute! I could never really find a Pokémon that I really do like as well, I would say I'm still relatively new to the games. I've only just been playing since Sun & Moon which now I realise was almost four years ago so wow. But I recently just been really wowed by Applin and its evolutions Appletun and Flapple. I've also recently made a place in my heart for Applin because it's the first shiny that I've ever worked towards getting. I recently used the Masuda method with Applin and I was extremely lucky as it only took me 40 eggs before getting the shiny. 

I've named my Applin 'Granny Smith' for hopefully obvious reasons. It's one of my favourite shinies but I don't know whether or not to evolve into Flapple or Appletun. I'm leaning towards Appletun because Appletun be such a cutie honestly. Appletun also reminds me of Puff the Magic Dragon. 

Also, could I ask for your opinion on the whole Dexit situation? 

Thanks for talking about this with me. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@ApplesRoses  I don't think I have any of the apple Pokemon. I don't think I encountered them in the wild but I'll try to actively find an Applin because a lot of people have raved about how good the evolved forms are! I think Appletun is so cute as well. Congratulations on the shiny! Smiley Happy

To be honest really, the Dexit situation didn't affect me that much because I almost never transfer Pokemon between games and prefer to start with new Pokemon. Us veteran players have had the situation happen before between the Game Boy games and Ruby and Sapphire at the time of release and it wasn't that bad then, the only players who complained were the ones with multiple level 100 Pokemon they wanted to transfer to their Ruby and Sapphire games. Out of everyone I knew who had Ruby or Sapphire, no one was actively trying to obtain Generation I and II Pokemon.
But I do think that it's appalling that the developers of the game lied that Sword and Shield were going to use new models for the Pokemon. I know it is not just the models and that there is a lot of other work involved but they could have explained it better and been more specific instead of getting people's hopes up with false information.

Highlighted

Hi @ApplesRoses , 

Happy New Year - I just wanted to check back in and say how amazing I think you are for being so persistent and proactive about seeing a mental health professional, especially when there's been a few barriers there for you. You're definitely not alone in finding it incredibly tough - to share a bit of my own personal experience, many years ago now I was having a really rough time, and the closest I could get to attending an appointment was sitting outside the office with my brother in the car. And even that felt incredibly hard.

But then the next time, I had the courage to go in to the appointment, and I can honestly say it was the best thing I ever did. So good on you for persisting (I hate playing phone tag!), and I hope you are connected with a good psychologist soon. We are all here to support you through this journey, and I'm really glad to see you checking in Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

Hey @MB95 @Janine-RO @WheresMySquishy @drpenguin 
(Hopefully that's everyone!)

I just wanted to update y'all on how I'm doing as of recent. Sadly, I couldn't get an appointment for the past few days due to a lot of games of phone tag. So I reached out to another headspace service and I got picked up immediately so how funny is that lol. I left my number and details and two days later, which is today. I got a call from someone and they were doing an assessment of whether or not they think I'm suitable for the service. Which I completed, and they're going to be reviewing my case to see if it's fit for them. So I'm trying to stay as optimistic as possible, and hopefully I can get help from them. If they don't think I'm suitable enough, they told me that they'll refer me to another service which they think is better. So either way it's a win win situation in my opinion. But the only thing is, is that if I do get accepted it'll be a supposed 3-4 week wait till I get someone to talk to. But at least at that point, I'll be guaranteed an appointment with someone and that I'll get to talk to someone about what I've been going through.

As to how I've been feeling as of recent, not too bad but not too good either. Like recently, I've just been going through a patch of negative thoughts and I've been trying to work through them. But as mentioned before, they can be really tough to work through. I've mainly just been holding on for the appointment. But it can be really tough going through these by myself.

Anyways, thanks again for all of y'alls support. I really do appreciate it.

P.S. I'll be hearing from headspace if they think I'm suitable or not for the service tomorrow so I'll keep y'all updated. Smiley Happy <3

Highlighted

P.P.S. @Janine-RO @WheresMySquishy @MB95 @drpenguin 

I also wanted to thank you all for putting in your own experiences, it's been helpful in making me feel more better. 

Highlighted

Hey @ApplesRoses 

Just wanted to jump in here to say how lovely it is to see that you've been able to take something away from hearing about other peoples experiences. 

Keen to hear how you go with Headspace today! Wait periods can be really hard to deal with - remember you're always welcome here to get things off your chest while you're waiting for the professional support you need Smiley Happy