cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m not really sure what’s wrong

There’s something wrong and I don’t know what and I’m not sure if it’s like a symptom of the anxiety I have starting to flare up or if I’m just getting really fuckin sick 

I haven’t been on here in ages so yea sorry about that. 

Feel like I can’t keep my eyes open but like I definitely can and my head feels real heavy I’m not even tired though it just kind of feels fuzzy and like I can’t hold my head up properly and I feel like someone has set fire to the inside of my body either that or my insides are eating themselves it pretty much feels all the same 

and I can’t be sick because I have so much to do but I also could probably vomit if I tried hard enough sometimes, but then it goes away

what the actual fuck 

and no I haven’t got my flu shot 

and yes that’s my fault and i’ll probably die, oh great and I’m far too young to die so if that’s the reason for my chest pain then RIP cya in hell 

Highlighted

Re: I’m not really sure what’s wrong

Hi @Saltwaterdreamtime 

That sounds horrible...

Is there anything that tends to help your anxiety? If so, it might be worth trying. If it fixes the problem, maybe it is anxiety rather than physical illness.

I'd suggest looking here https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/symptom-checker/tool

I feel like the chances of you dying are pretty low, since you're young enough to be on the forums, but if you feel like something's probably very wrong, it might be good to call the helpline here https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/how-healthdirect-can-help-you, since the people there can give medical advice. 

Re: I’m not really sure what’s wrong

Hi @Saltwaterdreamtime! I'm really sorry about all of the symptoms that you're experiencing. Smiley Sad Are you feeling any better today?

It can be hard to tell whether you're experiencing symptoms of anxiety or a health problem. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. And sometimes anxiety can trigger or make my physical symptoms and conditions worse. For example, when I get anxious, my throat goes dry and it can make me have a coughing fit. Smiley Sad

Something that I have been trying to do lately is keeping a symptom diary so that I can track my symptoms and see what makes them better or worse. Is this something you'd find helpful?

Here is an online tool which can tell you what to do if you experience particular symptoms and what to keep a watch for: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/symptom-checker
EDIT: Just realised that @Tiny_leaf  beat me to it. Smiley LOL

Are you able to get a friend or family member to spend time with you and help you monitor your symptoms? I am going through some health problems right now too and I found this to be really helpful.

I haven't got my flu shot either. I'm kicking myself about it because one of the places I volunteer at has just had a flu outbreak. It's hard to make time for your health when you're going through some tough times and have been busy though.

I hope you can feel better soon. Heart