cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I need advice

Alright so I can’t sleep and I can’t stop thinking about this girl I like and I know I can’t have her because she has a boyfriend. And in my last relationship I was cheated on and got my heart shattered, I feel I’ll never find love 😕. I can’t talk to friends or family about this cause they won’t listen or they will ignore me 

Highlighted

Re: I need advice

hi @ad4m, for starters welcome to ReachOut. 

I'm sorry you feel this way and I'm so sorry that your previous partner broke your trust like that, I know how difficult it can be to regain trust in somebody after that. If you need to talk through this we are here for you Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @Sarah7714, thanks I appreciate it 

Hey @ad4m

I've recently been through a similar experience (in regards to cheating) so I can really relate to you about how you feel about never finding love. Getting cheated on is a horrible, shitty experience and it definitely takes time to recover from. However, I think it's important to try and keep perspective during situations like these: right now we're (relatively) young, and and in the end no one ever knows what will happen in the future. Even though we feel like we might never find love, in the end we have no way of figuring out what will happen, and it's those possibilities that really make life more interesting!

During this time, it might be good to try and keep yourself busy and take your mind off things. Stuff like picking up a new hobby or exercise, hanging out with friends etc. are all really helpful in helping you heal and have the added benefit of meeting new people. It really sucks that you feel like you can't talk to your friends about this, and it might be a sign that you should talk to your friends about how you feel like you're not being supported, or that you should try hanging out with other people.