cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I need advice

Yeah it’s just my heads all over the place. Like I lost someone I cared about but it turned out they didn’t really care about me and it made me look like an idiot because I trusted her.
I want to go out and meet new people and try and get over this situation but I get real shy and nervous were I nearly become like a statue when talking to new people.
It’s like the only thing good going for me at the moment is my job and I have to try and block everything out while I’m working otherwise no work would be done and/or something bad could happen.

Totally understandable @ad4m. It sounds like you are still grieving, which is completely okay. Heart break is a form of ambiguous grief. I am glad to hear work is a healthy distraction, and gives you a break from thinking about this girl. I just want you to know it's really easy for us to put people we like up on a pedestal and put their value above our own. But your value is as high as hers, her boyfriends, your family's, your next girlfriend (which will happen!). Just remember you are as valuable as every other person in the world.

One thing a few of the members here have tried is writing a letter to their crush and then tearing it up. Maybe you could write a letter and post it here? Or just keep it for yourself. Sometimes it feels good to let the thoughts out and onto paper.

Highlighted

I really like what @Bree-RO wrote @ad4m! You're valuable and important!
It will take time to get over the heart break but you will heal.
I'm really glad that your job is going well for you!